remove mysql prefix or use cmsb without mysql prefix

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 11, 2023   (RSS)

By ht1080z - July 10, 2023

Hi,

Can I install or remove the MySQL prefix of the cmsBuilder (so I can merge later with another project).

regards,
Karls

By Dave - July 10, 2023

Hi Karls,

We haven't tested that but if you're comfortable modifying the code you could try disabling the error checking in /lib/admin_functions.php in the installIfNeeded() function

//if     (!$_REQUEST['mysqlTablePrefix'])                          { alert("Please enter your 'MySQL Table Prefix'<br>\n"); }
    //elseif (preg_match("/[A-Z]/", $_REQUEST['mysqlTablePrefix']))    { alert("Value for 'MySQL Table Prefix' must be lowercase.<br>\n"); }
    //elseif (!preg_match("/^[a-z]/i", $_REQUEST['mysqlTablePrefix'])) { alert("Value for 'MySQL Table Prefix' must start with a letter.<br>\n"); }
    //elseif (!preg_match("/_$/", $_REQUEST['mysqlTablePrefix']))      { alert("Value for 'MySQL Table Prefix' must end in underscore.<br>\n"); }
    //elseif (preg_match("/[^a-z0-9\_\-\.]/i", $_REQUEST['mysqlTablePrefix'])) { alert("Please enter a valid 'MySQL Table Prefix' (Example: cms_)<br>\n"); }

And then deleting/renaming /data/isInstalled.php to get back to the install screen.

Maybe do a full backup first and then try to restore.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By ht1080z - July 10, 2023

Thank you Dave for your quick reply!

I'll give it a try.

By Dave - July 11, 2023

Hi Karls, 

No, everything is hardcoded to work with 'num' as the unique identifier.  Depending on your use case you might be able to add an id field and keep them updated or in sync.  It would take some experimenting though.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com