CMSB v3.60 *BETA 2* - Enhanced Server Management & Error Tracking

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 12, 2023   (RSS)

CMSB v3.60 Beta 1 - Enhanced Server Management & Error Tracking

• Archived  

By Deborah - July 7, 2023

Hey, Dave. Glad to see the new beta!

I uploaded v3.60 Beta 1 over v3.59 Beta and the admin.php page is unstyled and showing an error.

The page HTML ends here with:
Call to undefined function shell_exec()in /home/tstbdgweb/public_html/cmsbeta/lib/serverInfo_functions.php on line 159. Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function shell_exec() in /home/tstbdgweb/public_html/cmsbeta/lib/serverInfo_functions.php:159Stack trace:#0 /home/tstbdgweb/public_html/cmsbeta/lib/serverInfo_functions.php(24): serverInfo_serverName()#1 [internal function]: updateServerChangeLog()#2 {main} thrown in /home/tstbdgweb/public_html/cmsbeta/lib/serverInfo_functions.php on line 159

---------------------

CMSB Error Log:

Backtrace:
Error: Call to undefined function shell_exec()
at serverInfo_serverName [serverInfo_functions.php:159]
at __serverInfo_operatingSystem [general.php:874]
at _getContent [general.php:667]
at ob_capture [common.php:407]
at include [general.php:22]
at showInterface [admin_functions.php:393]
at admin_dispatchAction [actionHandler.php:27]
at include [actionHandler.php:20]
at _redirectForCustomMenus [actionHandler.php:147]
at include [actionHandler.php:31]
at (main) [admin.php:46]

---

Raw Log Data:
Array
(
[logType] => exception
[errno] => UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION
[errstr] => Call to undefined function shell_exec()
[errfile] => /home/tstbdgweb/public_html/cmsbeta/lib/serverInfo_functions.php
[errline] => 159
[exceptionObj] => *** in backtrace field above ***
)

----------------------

This site uses PHP 8.2. In PHP "disable_functions" I always disallow shell_exec, but tested enabling that and it didn't help.

Any suggestions? Should I try a fresh install?

Thanks!
Deborah

CMSB v3.60 Beta 1 - Enhanced Server Management & Error Tracking

• Archived  

By Dave - July 7, 2023

Hi Deborah, 

Great feedback, thank you!  We are relying on shell_exec for some of the new functionality, but I can put in some fallback functions and code to detect when it's not available.

If you can send me FTP and CMS details either direct to dave@interactivetools.com or via the support form here https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request/ I can take a look a debug it directly.

Thanks! :-)

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Dave - July 10, 2023 - edited: July 10, 2023

Hey All, 

We've released BETA 2 with the following updates: 

• Added new library with shellCommand() function.  This function will try all the available PHP commands to execute shell commands and then fail gracefully if it can't find anything.
  • Replaced all CMSB shell commands with shellFunction() so it works on servers with those disabled (thanks to Deborah for providing the test server for debugging this) 
  • Admin > General > ServerInfo: Improved cPanel detection by checking for known dirs
  • Misc code cleanup, text edits, HTML/CSS attributes (thanks to Jeff) and UI improvements.
  • Improved errors messages, stack traces, relevant error path/line num detection

Once you install this new beta you should be able to see the change automatically detected under: "Admin > General > Server Info" like this: 

Recent Changes - This section is automatically updated every time you load this page.

a few seconds ago: CMS Version changed from v3.60 (Build: 2347) to v3.60 (Build: 2350)

Thanks everyone for your help so far.  Let us know any further feedback!  :-)

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By kitsguru - July 11, 2023

Have you considered using github or another service like bitbucket so we can contribute changes directly. Bitbucket has a free private package and you could only allow some select people to do pull requests.

Jeff Shields
  • Archived  

By Dave - July 12, 2023

Hi Jeff, 

It's a good idea and we may slowly move towards that.  In the meantime if you have any changes you'd like feel free to send over the files and I can review and manually diff and merge if needed.

Thanks!

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Dave - July 12, 2023

Hi All, 

Thanks so much for your help testing the beta!  You can download the official release here: 

https://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?CMSB-v3.60-Released-Enhanced-Server-Management-Error-Tracking-82693

We're now going to get started on the next version! ;-)

interactivetools.com