File Upload issue: Forbidden. You don't have permission to access this resource.

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 15, 2023   (RSS)

By zaba - February 9, 2023 - edited: February 13, 2023

Hi

I am on the latest CMSB v3.57 (Build 2312)

PHP v8.2

Use WEBP enabled

I get an error in the upload box when I try upload either a jpg png or webp image

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

I can't figure out why.

All permissions on Uploads Directory and Thumbs Directory are set to 755 with correct owner.

By Dave - February 13, 2023

Hi Zaba, 

Is there anything listed under: Admin > General > Server Info that says "Security Modules". 

Usually, this is caused by a web server security module such as ModSecurity or Suhosin blocking access when it detects certain types of URLs.

If that is the case, you can email your web host and ask them if they can disable that feature for the /cmsb/ folder as it's preventing you from uploading files.

Otherwise, feel free to submit a second level support request here with a link to this post and steps to reproduce the issue:
https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request/

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By zaba - February 14, 2023

Attached is the screen grab

By Dave - February 14, 2023

Yea, Mod_Security could be the issue.  See if your host can disable it for the cms folder.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By zaba - February 14, 2023

It only started happening since I upgraded cms and PHP to 8,2.

By zaba - February 15, 2023

Dave has sorted this. It was an issue with the upgrade of the uploads table.

• I re-uploaded this file from the latest CMSB release: /public_html/cmsb/data/schema/uploads.ini.php
  • I clicked on: CMS Setup > Section Editors.  This automatically checks all the schemas and adds missing fields (it added some columns)

I thought i'd add in here as a port of call for others with a similar issue.

Thanks again Dave, you are awesome!