Show/Hide Dependent Fields Plus plugin: show/hide fields in the View mode

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 27, 2022   (RSS)

By andreasml - June 19, 2022

Hi

I have been using this plugin and I am very satisfied. The plugin works perfectly in Edit mode, however in View mode all fields are present. I wonder whether it is possible to show/hide fields in the view mode as well. 

Regards, 

Andreas Lazaris

PS. I was very much surprized to see that all plugins are offered FREE of charge!!! Is there a reason for that?

By andreasml - June 24, 2022 - edited: June 24, 2022

Hi Dainel

Thank you for your reply. You mean that it would be possible to create a plugin that would show only the completed fields of a record on the View mode in prespecified sections?

Andreas

By daniel - June 27, 2022

Hi Andreas,

To clarify, it's not able to be done via a plugin alone - it would also require specific changes to the CMSB core files. This means that unless those changes were also added to the CMSB official release, the plugin would be at risk of breaking any time the site is updated.

Let me know if that makes sense, or if you have any other questions!

Also, I missed this previously:

PS. I was very much surprized to see that all plugins are offered FREE of charge!!! Is there a reason for that?

It was mentioned by Dave in the latest CMSB release (https://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?CMSB-v3.56-Released-now-free-with-PHP-8.1-support-82518) - but the short version is that it's been a long-time goal of ours, and we find a lot of value in making these tools available to everyone to use.

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - June 27, 2022

Hi Daniel

Thank you for the reply. It is crystal clear.

Looking forward to the upcoming updates!!

Best regards,

Andreas