php sessions under php 7 and cmsb v3.53

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 11, 2019   (RSS)

By ht1080z - November 25, 2019

Hi,

I facing problem with PHP session variables under php 7.2 and cmsB v3.53
Using the attached script that I "require" at the top of every page for multi language management purposes.
For some reason the php sessions cannot keep the value after i reload or navigate to other page.

Any help will be appreciated,
Karls

Attachments:

languages.php 1K

By daniel - November 25, 2019

Hi Karls,

This is something that can happen if your server is trying to include/require the file as a "URL" rather than a local file. I'm not sure exactly why this sometimes happens, but I've been able to resolve the issue in the past by adding a "./" to the front of the include/require path, changing from something like this:

<?php require "languages.php"; ?>

To this:

<?php require "./languages.php"; ?>

Another option is to use the full local path to the file (starting with "C:/" on Windows or "/" on Linux), though that can be more complicated to maintain.

Let me know if that helps with your issue!

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By daniel - December 4, 2019

Hi Karls,

I tried testing your script locally on PHP 7.2.4 and was unfortunately unable to reproduce the results - this is pretty typical session use, so I can't think of anything obvious that would cause you to lose the values. 

Could you show me an example of a page that requires languages.php? This might provide some additional clues, or at least help rule out if this is a code issue vs. a server config issue.

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By ht1080z - December 5, 2019

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the follow up. Unfortunately I didn't found a solution yet but it is have to do something with my script (the sessions works with a naked script and included language.php)

I'm working on a solution step by step.

Regards,
Karls

By kitsguru - December 10, 2019

By default session variables are stored in the gobal /tmp directory on unix based systems. Housekeeping routines at the server level can clear the /tmp directory on a regular basis. If possible use the users home tmp directory in session.save_path instead of the default.

Jeff Shields

By ht1080z - December 11, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the tip, will try it soon.

Karls