4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 4   (RSS)

By andreasml - June 27 - edited: June 28

Hello,

I am using the Report Builder plugin.

I have made a report which turns out the values of "surname" and "name" fields from the section "aortic_aneurysm_disease", where the "hospital" field will be "Athens Hospital". I have written the following querry and it works fine. 

SELECT
    surname, name
FROM `<?php echo $TABLE_PREFIX ?>aortic_aneurysm_disease`
WHERE hospital='Athens Hospital'
LIMIT 1000

However, when I need to search for the same fields ("surname" and "name") from another hospital, I have to create a new report. 

Question: is there a way to have a single report in which users will insert the value they want for the field "hospital" (in a text-field), or even choose from a list-box with pre-specified values for the specific field "hospital", and the report will give these fields ("surname" and "name") from this specific hospital?

Kind regards,

Andreas Lazaris

I have a similar question, I'd like to be able to build a simple form that identifies the WHERE aspect of the report.

Where Andreas is wanting to add a WHERE hospital = $variable, I'd like to be able to choose a date range, or similar.

I notice in the plugin there's commented PHP with " // parse form input" - is this something that can be extended in the plugin? 

Cheers,

Tim Forrest

Toledoh Enterprises

www.toledoh.com.au

And just noticed, you can also use HTML and PHP in the Description field.  So you could have a list of hospital links there or try adding a pulldown.  

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com