Unable to set the Create PDF plugin

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: May 20, 2019   (RSS)

By Dave - May 14, 2019

Hi Andreas, 

The issue is that the web host has disabled the PHP commands exec() and shell_exec().  The createPDF plugin uses a linux binary app called wkhtmltopdf and it needs to run that app as a program.

I'd suggest emailing your host and asking them if they can allow those PHP functions.  And if they respond that they can't or won't, you could ask if they have any other hosting plans available that support it.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - May 17, 2019

Hi Dave

Indeed these functions are disabled. They told me to change the hosting program to another one which costs about 5 times more the one I have got now. In fact the new program will cost around 20 Euros / months. Do you think that this a reasonable price for this type of service or do I have to try another hosting company? I wonder whether there is a way to activate these functions myself.

Regards

Andreas Lazaris

By Dave - May 20, 2019

Hi Andreas, 

If the new hosting is around 20 euros (around 22 USD) then that's very reasonable.  Personally, I don't tend to trust any hosting cheaper then 20/mo because they usually put so many people on the same server that there can be speed and performance issues.

If you already have another server with a different hosting provider you can also set it up to use that other server to create PDFs.  See the section "SETTING UP A PROXY SERVER" in the CreatePDF readme.txt for more details.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com