Notice: CMSB v3.06 Beta 1 (August 17, 2016) - CMS Menu Icons and Thumbnail Cropping

13 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 24, 2016   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Daryl - August 17, 2016

Hi everyone, 

We've just released v3.06 beta 1 (beta list members will get an email shortly). 

The major new features are:

• CMS Menus: Added icons for "CMS Setup" and "Admin" menus
  • Section Editors: Added "Menu Icon" field for adding menu icon
  • Field Editor: Added "crop" feature for upload field's thumbnail images

If you're not already on the beta tester email list and you'd like to get notified of upcoming betas (you must own at least 1 CMSB license) you can sign up here: 
http://www.interactivetools.com/news/manage.php

And if you have a license you can download the latest beta here:
https://www.interactivetools.com/order/download.php

Please post any feedback, questions, or bugs you find! Thanks! 

Thanks!

Daryl Maximo
PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Toledoh - August 17, 2016

Installed on a couple of sites - no errors at all.

You have a link to font awesome for additional icons - any instructions on how to add them?  It would also be nice to be able to add the icons to menu groups.

The crop feature is a great step forward, but for me it will be unusable until I can choose where to crop.  Most photos have a focus point, someone's face etc.  automatically cropping to fit a dimension will cause all sorts of issues like chopped off heads.

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
  • Archived  

By Toledoh - August 17, 2016

Also - seems a couple of the icons are not displaying correctly. eg. fa-bar-chart in the top right of the selection box.

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
  • Archived  

By Daryl - August 19, 2016

Thanks, Tim.

I will look into the issue where some icons don't show and discuss your feedback with Dave.

Daryl Maximo
  • Archived  

By Daryl - August 19, 2016

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your feedback.

To answer your question, viewer function doesn't load the menu icons.
If you want to use the icons, you need to include the font CSS file in your viewer page:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo CMS_ASSETS_URL ?>/3rdParty/clipone/plugins/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css">

Regards,

Daryl Maximo
  • Archived  

By kitsguru - August 19, 2016

I think you misunderstood my intent. I apologize for not being a bit more clear.

I already link to font awesome and add my own icons for each record. In the section editor when you set the icon for the menu item, I would like to set my icon to the cmsb menu item as it's default. I thought I might be able to do it via the viewer but could do it in cmsb by setting the default value for my icon to the cmsb menu icon.

Is there a way to do that?

I would also suggest pulling the fontawesome css file from their cdn instead of downloading it and serving it directly to take advantage of browser caching.

Jeff Shields
  • Archived  

By Daryl - August 22, 2016 - edited: August 23, 2016

Hi,

Tim:

You have a link to font awesome for additional icons - any instructions on how to add them?

You just need to copy-paste the name of the icon. You'll see the name of the icon when you click on one of them, ie: "fa-check":
http://fontawesome.io/icon/check/

Jeff:

I already link to font awesome and add my own icons for each record. In the section editor when you set the icon for the menu item, I would like to set my icon to the cmsb menu item as it's default. I thought I might be able to do it via the viewer but could do it in cmsb by setting the default value for my icon to the cmsb menu icon.

Is there a way to do that?

You'd like the icons you set/used in each record of a section to be the default menu icons options in the section editor?

If I understand your question correctly: No, there is currently no way to do that.

If that's not what your question is meant, can you please provide an example for what you're trying to do?

Thanks,

Daryl Maximo
  • Archived  

By Toledoh - August 22, 2016

You just need to copy-paste the name of the icon. 

Duh!

Thanks for pointing out the obvious Daryl :)

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
  • Archived  

By Djulia - August 23, 2016

Hi Daryl,

Is it also envisaged to add a field for menu-prefix-icon?

Thanks!

Djulia