Thumbs not showing

10 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 15, 2016   (RSS)

By rez - July 11, 2016

Hi. The thumbnails in CMSB are not showing for my uploads in editors after uploading or on editor list pages (beside modify and erase when I have those fields included to do so.

When clicking the thumbs in the CMS, they launch in the browser (/cmsb/uploads/) and show fine. I have tried uploading multiple times. Any idea what to check?

By Toledoh - July 11, 2016

I've noticed some kind of bug, but haven't defined it properly as yet.  I think it's when you change the upload settings?  ie.  I normally have no file size restrictions, no thumbnails, no captions etc for uploads, then refine those settings as I build the site.  I think in the latest version of CMSB something happens if you change those settings, or click "recreate" for thumbnails etc.

I've re-uploaded the iamges and they work just fine...

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By rez - July 11, 2016

Interesting. I'll have to pay attention to making those types of changes. I havent found a clue. I thought this happened in the past and IT gave me a solution, but I can't find it. I don't know if it was permissions or something. The thumbs seem to come back here and there. Weird.

By Daryl - July 12, 2016

Hi rez,

Have you migrated the site to another server and the images were uploaded before the migration?

It could be because the "Upload URL" and "Upload Directory Folder" under the CMS General settings doesn't point to the correct locations.
You might also want to check the "Program Directory" and "Website Root Directory" if they're correct.

Can you please check these settings and let me know?

Thanks,

Daryl Maximo
PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Daryl - July 12, 2016

Hi Tim,

Greg showed me the bug that you're referring to.
Thanks for pointing that out.

I was able to recreate it by:

1. Creating an upload field with no thumbnails settings enabled/checked
  2. Upload an image
  3. Change upload field settings to add thumbnails and recreate the thumbnails
  4. View the uploaded image, thumbnail doesn't show anymore

I've added this to my work list and the patch will be included in the next CMS release.

Daryl Maximo

By kitsguru - August 14, 2016

In addition to the thumbs not showing, if you add a new level of thumbnail to the list i.e. thumb 4 which did not exist before ... the routine runs and sets the appropriate image size but the path is not set although the thumb is created.

Jeff Shields

By Damon - August 15, 2016

Hi Jeff,

In addition to the thumbs not showing, if you add a new level of thumbnail to the list i.e. thumb 4 which did not exist before ... the routine runs and sets the appropriate image size but the path is not set although the thumb is created.

I just tested this and the path appears correctly for me.

What path or results do you get when you use this code?

<?php echo htmlencode($upload['thumbUrlPath4']) ?>

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Damon - August 15, 2016

Thanks for the steps Jeff.

I will forward this to Daryl to look into.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Daryl - August 15, 2016

Hi guys,

Verify in db that thumb 4 path is written - you will notice that the sizes are written even if path is not

This is actually the cause of the issue that Tim described.

The newly added thumbnails don't get displayed because the paths were empty on their uploads records.

As a solution, when adding new thumbnails settings and recreate the thumbnails, the script now updates the uploads records to store the new thumb paths.

This solution is included in the next CMSB release.

Regards,

Daryl Maximo