Automating Newsletters - is this possible

By JeffC - January 30, 2016

I have two subscriber lists. Is it possible to set up an email that sends specific content to these lists, on a specific day each month.

For example:

Subscriber list A is interested in Kitchens. This list would receive an email on the 1st Monday of the month, the email would contain all of the content added to the website within the last month that has the tag 'Kitchens'

Subscriber list B is interested in Bathrooms. This list would receive an email on the 2nd  Monday of the month, the email would contain all of the content added to the website within the last month has the tag 'bathrooms''

The key thing is that I would like to set this up once and forget about it - the emails would be sent each month without any further interaction from me.

I'm not looking for a solution right now, at this stage I would just like to know if it is possible, either out of the box, or with consulting (and if with consulting whether it is a straaightforward job or a lengthy one)

Thanks

Jeff

By Toledoh - January 31, 2016

With the help of interactivetools.com, we set up a system for a client that I referred to as "Routed Emails".  It was really a chain of emails that went into effect on a key date, in this case the date that that member started their membership.

ie. on Day 1, we send the "Welcome email", Day 3 the "Introduction to the team", Day 5 the "Let us now how you like the system"..... Day 364 "Your account expires tomorrow".

We had a number of these Routed emails, each with different "rules" such as membership groups, status, last log-in date etc.

Included in each email template was the ability to include custom placeholder content - and I think this is key to you're requirement, and in your case would be a list viewer of articles since today - 30days.  The key date would be every Tuesday...

So yes - certainly possible, but a bit of thought needs to go into it and how you may want it to grow over time. IT could build it for you.

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By ross - February 1, 2016

Hi Jeff

Like Tim was saying, we can customize the script for you. When you have all your requirements ready, you can email me through consulting@interactivetools.com

Let me know any questions in the meantime.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By ross - February 1, 2016

Hi Jeff

Like Tim was saying, we can customize the script for you. When you have all your requirements ready, you can email me through consulting@interactivetools.com

Let me know any questions in the meantime.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/