Populating multiple fields from pulldown list

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 25, 2016   (RSS)

By lozzer - February 22, 2016

I have a slightly tricky query to explain!

I have a CMSB setup which has a 'report' section, where performance is recorded for an individual person at several times. The report only contains four fields (First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth and ID) relating to the person, with a further dozen fields for each 'performance'. Rather than having to input those four fields each time, I'd like to be able to select an individual from a pulldown list in the Section Editor to populate those four blank fields.

I have been able to get the pulldown list working OK using the following MySQL query:

<?php $numValue = (@$ESCAPED_FILTER_VALUE )? $ESCAPED_FILTER_VALUE : '0'; ?>

SELECT num, CONCAT(FirstName,' ', LastName, ' [', ID,']')
FROM `<?php echo $TABLE_PREFIX ?>report`
WHERE num != <?php echo $numValue; ?>

But I cannot figure out how to make the selection populate then populate those four fields. Any help gratefully received!

By lozzer - February 24, 2016

Hi Greg,

The information is being transferred from large CSV files where the data is already in this format - records with personal data and performance data combined.

Once this data has been transferred over, I'd like to be able to enter new performance data for an individual who already has a record without having to enter their personal data (ID, First Name, Last Name, DOB) again; but the option needs to remain to enter this information manually for new individuals, if that makes sense.

I'm just getting started with MySQL stuff. Is this something I can hire one of you guys to write?

Thanks, Lozzer

By gregThomas - February 24, 2016

Hi  lozzer,

This is something we would be able to help with. if you email consulting@interactivetools.com with the details of the site, we can give you an estimate for either creating a plugin to add the missing details, or to import the CSV data so that those fields aren't required. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By lozzer - February 25, 2016

Thanks Greg. I've had a couple of emails from Ross, so I hope we'll get it sorted! Lozzer