PHP Upgrade Issues?

5 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 19, 2015   (RSS)

By rconring - October 15, 2015

I have a cloud server on which I intend to upgrade the PHP version from 5.4.40 to 5.5 this weekend.  I have 17 CMSB sites on that server that will be affected by the upgrade.  Are there any known issues that I should be aware of before I pull the trigger on the upgrade.  I would certainly hate to break 17 sites at once.  That could make for a very interesting weekend indeed!

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By Damon - October 15, 2015

Hi Ron,

There are no issues that I'm aware when the server is upgraded to PHP 5.5.

That said, if you can do the upgrade on a weekday, if there are any issues, we are a phone call or email away. Issues on the weekend would have to wait until Monday.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By rconring - October 19, 2015

I have held off on upgrading the PHP version for a bit because I cannot do each account individually.  The PHP version upgrade is serverwide so I need to make sure that none of the sites will have a problem when I do it.  I just spun up another server and upgraded the PHP version to 5.5.  I am going to move a site to it and make sure there are no problems with it before I do the other one.

Thanks for your input!

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By Dave - October 19, 2015

Also, make sure you're running the latest CMSB (version 2.65) as it has all the latest PHP fixes.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com