Newsletter Builder Archive Page Problems

By northernpenguin - September 5, 2015

Hi Everyone

I hope someone can help me with this issue as it is driving me crazy!  For some reason all the newsletters posted to the archive page do not convert the placeholders to their values.  It works for the email, no issues, #hostname# is replaced with the server hostname, but not when posted to the archive.

I tried this with both V3.01 & V3.02.  This is a new install and is the only one of 5 websites with Newsletter Builder that is giving me this problem!

Any ideas??

Thanks!

--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

By gkornbluth - September 5, 2015 - edited: September 5, 2015

Hi Ragi,

I don't use Newsletter Builder, but are there any differences between the problem install and the others, like:

Is the version of the newsletter plugin the same

Is the version of CMSB the same

Are more (or less) plugins installed or different versions of some plugins?

any mods to the core program that never got copied over?

Any server paths or other variables that never got changed after copying over to the problem install?

Any htaccess file differences or differences in the php ini setup?

Have you tried re-uploading the core program and/or the plugin? (backup first) That has solved some issues for me in the past

Hope one of these offers an ah ha moment...

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By northernpenguin - September 5, 2015

Jerry:  Tried everything except htaccess.... will look at it now.

Ragi

--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

By gregThomas - September 9, 2015

Hi Northern Penguin,

I've done some testing locally and found that all placeholders were replaced unless they were custom placeholders from my subscribers table like #name#, #email#, #age#, etc. 

But the default hostname placeholders should be replaced, so I'll need to take a closer look into what's causing the problem. Please could you fill out a second level support request? You can find the form here:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com