Permalinks trouble - listing from mulitple tables on a detail page

By gord - April 8, 2015

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the Permalinks plugin to work with a detail page on which I am using getRecords() to list records from several related tables.

For some reason, it seems to be appending  'num = ' (number of the detail record first loaded) to the SQL, and is failing.  Here is an excerpt of my code:

// load viewer library
$libraryPath = 'cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php';
$dirsToCheck = array('/home/aporia/public_html/','','../','../../','../../../');
foreach ($dirsToCheck as $dir) { if (@include_once("$dir$libraryPath")) { break; }}
if (!function_exists('getRecords')) { die("Couldn't load viewer library, check filepath in sourcecode."); }

// load artist details
list($artistsRecords, $artistsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
  'tableName'   => 'artists',
  'where'       => whereRecordNumberInUrl(1),
  'limit'       => '1',
    'debugSql'        => true,
));
$artistsRecord = @$artistsRecords[0]; // get first record

// show error message if no matching record is found
if (!$artistsRecord) { dieWith404("Record not found!"); }

// load youtube video records
list($youtube_linksRecords, $youtube_linksMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'    => 'youtube_links',
    'where'        => sprintf("artist = '%s'", $artistsRecord['num']),
    'debugSql'    => true,
));

Here is the debug output/SQL that is being produced:

<xmp>SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS `artists`.* FROM `cms_artists` as `artists` WHERE ((num = '34') AND ((`num` = '34'))) ORDER BY active_artist DESC, name ASC LIMIT 1</xmp>

<xmp>tableName = 'artists' AND fieldName IN ('photo') AND recordNum IN (34) ORDER BY `order`, num</xmp>

<xmp>SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS `accounts`.* FROM `cms_accounts` as `accounts` WHERE (`num` IN (1)) ORDER BY fullname, username</xmp>

<xmp>SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS `youtube_links`.* FROM `cms_youtube_links` as `youtube_links` WHERE ((artist = '34') AND ((`num` = '34'))) ORDER BY artist, release_date</xmp>

It seems that whereRecordNumberInUrl() is now completely unnecessary - which makes me suspect there is a global variable being set by Permalinks??

Everything was working before I installed Permalinks...

Is there something I can unset before calling getRecords() again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Gord

By gord - April 8, 2015

Sigh.

I answered my own question by looking in permalinks_dispatcher.php.

In case anyone else is suffering from this problem, you need to add the following after your initial call to load the detail record:

unset($_GET['num']);
unset($_REQUEST['num']);

By rez - April 16, 2015 - edited: April 16, 2015

Thank you for following up with your solution. This drove me crazy ALL day and I wouldn't have figured it out. 

For me, the page was loading as expected but the elements that were coming from other tables (called local_posts and global_posts below) were not loading onto the page. I discovered much later that this was happening at the permalink URLs and not the original details.php?33 URLs; they were fine. Then I finally realized being the permalink situation, I had something to search here.

The following appears to have fixed it:

// load record from 'locations'

list($locationsRecords, $locationsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'locations',
    'where'       => whereRecordNumberInUrl(0),
    'loadUploads' => true,
    'allowSearch' => false,
    'limit'       => '1',
  ));

$locationsRecord = @$locationsRecords[0]; // get first record
  if (!$locationsRecord) { dieWith404("Record not found!"); } // show error message if no record found

unset($_GET['num']);
  unset($_REQUEST['num']);

list($stateRecords, $stateMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'state',
    'orderBy'     => 'name ASC'
  ));

// if location selected, make the multi selections
 if ($locationsRecords):
  list($local_postsRecords, $local_postsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName' => 'local_posts',
    'where' => "locations LIKE '%\t{$locationsRecord['num']}\t%'",
    //'debugSql' =>'true'
  ));
       endif;

if ($locationsRecords):
  list($global_postsRecords, $global_postsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName' => 'global_posts',
    'where' => "locations NOT LIKE '%\t{$locationsRecord['num']}\t%'",
    //'debugSql' =>'true'
  ));
 endif;

list($page_headersRecords, $page_headersMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'page_headers',
    'where'       => "`num` = '9'",
    'loadUploads' => true,
    'allowSearch' => false,
    'limit'       => '1',
  ));

?><!DOCTYPE html>

So that is where you meant to add the solution, right? it seems to be working for me now.  I don't understand what it is going on yet. Care to explain? It's frustrating that the plugin can't handle this.

Also, what is odd is that I have a duplicate page set up for Canada locations (the above is the detail page for USA locations) and the problem isn't happening. Literally a copied page with a different detail page name and changed the name of the tables. However, I guess I better add the fix anyway.

// load record from 'locations'
  list($ca_locationsRecords, $ca_locationsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'ca_locations',
    'where'       => whereRecordNumberInUrl(0),
    'loadUploads' => true,
    'allowSearch' => false,
    'limit'       => '1',
  ));

$ca_locationsRecord = @$ca_locationsRecords[0]; // get first record
  if (!$ca_locationsRecord) { dieWith404("Record not found!"); } // show error message if no record found

list($ca_provinceRecords, $ca_provinceMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'ca_province',
    'orderBy'     => 'name ASC'
  ));

if ($ca_locationsRecords):
  list($local_postsRecords, $local_postsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName' => 'local_posts',
    'where' => "ca_locations LIKE '%\t{$ca_locationsRecord['num']}\t%'",
    //'debugSql' =>'true'
  ));
       endif;

if ($ca_locationsRecords):
  list($global_postsRecords, $global_postsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName' => 'global_posts',
    'where' => "ca_locations NOT LIKE '%\t{$ca_locationsRecord['num']}\t%'",
    //'debugSql' =>'true'
  ));
 endif;

list($page_headersRecords, $page_headersMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'page_headers',
    'where'       => "`num` = '9'",
    'loadUploads' => true,
    'allowSearch' => false,
    'limit'       => '1',
  ));

?><!DOCTYPE html>

By gord - April 17, 2015

Thanks for posting this Greg.

Is there a public reference for the CMSB library functions somewhere?  I feel like I'd get more out of the system if I fully understood what was going on under the hood...

Gord

By gregThomas - April 17, 2015

Hey Gord,

We have some CMSB docs that go over the getRecords function in detail:

http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/index.html

Another option is to search through the files in the /lib/ directory of your CMSB install for a particular function, as this is where all of core functions are, and they're well documented. Here is the getRecords function notes:

/*
  list($records, $details) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'           => 'listings', // REQUIRED, error if not specified, tableName is prefixed with $TABLE_PREFIX
    'where'               => '',         // optional, defaults to blank
    'orderBy'             => '',         // optional, defaults to $_REQUEST['orderBy'], or table sort order
    'limit'               => '',         // optional, defaults to blank
    'offset'              => '',         // optional, defaults to blank (if set but no limit then limit is set to high number as per mysql docs)
    'perPage'             => '',         // optional, number of records to show per page
    'pageNum'             => '',         // optional, page number to display defaults to $_REQUEST['page'] or 1
    'allowSearch'         => '',         // optional, defaults to yes, adds search info from query string
    'requireSearchMatch'  => '',         // optional, don't show any results unless search keyword submitted and matched
    'requireSearchSuffix' => '',         // optional, search fields must end in a suffix such as _match or _keyword, original field=value match search is ignored
    'loadUploads'         => '',         // optional, defaults to yes, loads upload array into upload field
    'loadCreatedBy'       => '',         // optional, defaults to yes, adds createdBy. fields for created user
    'loadListDetails'     => '',         // optional, defaults to yes, adds $details with prev/next page, etc info
    'loadPseudoFields'    => false,      // optional, defaults to yes, adds additional fields for :text, :label, :values, etc
    'orWhere'             => '',         // optional, adding " OR ... " to end of where clause
    'useSeoUrls'          => false,      // optional, use SEO urls, defaults to no

'leftJoin'      => array(        // Note: leftJoins require you to use fully qualified fieldnames in WHERE and ORDER BY, such as tablename.fieldname
      'grocery_aisle' => 'aisleNum', // foreign table => local field (that matches num in foreign table)
      'brands'        => 'brandNum',
      'otherTable'    => 'ON mainTable.foreignKey = foreignTable.num',
    ),

'ignoreHidden'            => false,  // don't hide records with hidden flag set
    'ignorePublishDate'       => false,  // don't hide records with publishDate > now
    'ignoreRemoveDate'        => false,  // don't hide records with removeDate < now
    'includeDisabledAccounts' => true,   // include records that were created by disabled accounts.  See: Admin > Section Editors > Advanced > Disabled Accounts

'addSelectExpr'           => 'NOW() as _currentDate',   // add expression to SELECT, useful for generating pseudo-fields or calculated values
    'groupBy'                 => '',                        // optional, defaults to blank
    'having'                  => '',                        // optional, defaults to blank

'useCache'      => true,       // use cache - requires cache plugin
    'debugSql'      => false,      // optional, display SQL query, defaults to no
  ));
*/

I'd also recommend having a look into the following functions which I use regularly in projects:

• mysql_select($tableName, $whereStatement); - Select records from a specific table (simplified version of getRecords)
  • mysql_get($tableName, $recordNum); - Get a single record from a section.
  • array_groupBy($recordList, $indexField); - Group an array of records together on one field.
  • mysql_delete($tableName, $recordNum);  - Delete a single record.
  • mysql_insert($tableName, $insertArray); - Insert a record into a section.
  • mysql_update($tableName, $recordNum, $whereStatement, $insertArray); - Update a record for a particular section.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By rez - April 18, 2015

Useful info. Thank you!