Newsletter Builder 3.01

By northernpenguin - February 18, 2015

I am using Newsletter Builder 3.01 with CMSB 2.63.

In Newsletter Builder, when I try to edit the templates and add a graphic image, I see dialogbox1 (attached).  It allows me to link to an existing image.

In CMSB wysiwyg, on the other hand, if I try and add an image, I see dialogbox2 (attached).  It allows you to browse and upload an image for insertion.

I'm a bit confused here.  Shouldn't the plugin use the same version and configuration of TinyMCE?  Then the editor options should be the same!

How can i correct this and have Newsletter Builder allow for the uploading of an image instead of a link?

Thanks!

Ragi

--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke
Attachments:

dialogbox1.png 32K

dialogbox2.png 28K

By Dave - February 21, 2015

Hi Ragi, 

You can enable uploads for any WYSIWYG field by editing the field in the field editor and selecting: [x] Allow Uploads

Note that the default behavior for WYSIWYGs is to use relative urls in the HTML such as /uploads/myfile.jpg so that if you move servers or change domains the image urls will still all work.

But since this is for emails you'll require absolute paths.  So you make also need to enable this setting under Admin > General:
WYSIWYG Options [x] Save full URL for local links and images (for viewers on other domains)

Hope that helps!  Let me know any other questions.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com