Autocomplete - is there a way to turn this back on?

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 7, 2015   (RSS)

By garyhoffmann - December 22, 2014

We are still using 2.61 but like to stay current for new installations if at all possible - however, in reading the release notes of 2.62/2.63, I'm noticing that autocomplete="off" is used on ALL cms fields and login.  Even though we use a CMS product, we do a lot of the maintenance for our customers.  We are wondering if there is an easy way to turn this back on like there used to be?  We've held off upgrading because of this.

Thanks,

Gary.

By Dave - December 31, 2014

Hi Gary, 

We turned it off for security and usability.  Some browsers would autocomplete (the wrong) passwords when editing user records, and it was kind of quirky.  Then security auditors like to say having autocomplete available is a security risk.

What is the issue you're trying to solve or avoid?  Is it having an easy way to login to all the client websites?  Do you need autocomplete available on anything other than the login forms?  And what password manager or browser are you using to "complete" the forms?

Let me know, thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By garyhoffmann - January 1, 2015 - edited: January 1, 2015

Certainly the login, but quite honestly any text field - I can certainly run through and find "autocomplete" within the cms folder, but was wondering if there was anything easier.  We generally use FF, Chrome and IE, no password managers, just the browsers.

Gary.

By Dave - January 5, 2015

Hi Gary, 

I've made a note to add a checkbox or feature to disable/enable it for future versions.  For now you could try a search and replace.  

We have a beta pending release right now, so it should be the version _after_ that one and I'll probably add it under the security options as a checkbox.

Hope that helps, cheers!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By garyhoffmann - January 7, 2015

Thanks Dave - I appreciate how wonderful Interactive Tools is to work with....

Gary.