Different Titles on a Detail page?
In response to: [url "http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2230138#post2230138"]Previous and next records on a Detail page?[/url], ...
Hello, I like the results from http://www.petersmithconstruction.ca/glist.php where a new page is displayed for each picture, with the previous and next links below. However, each new page has the same Title and only a line for the description. I would like to know if it's possible to have a different title for each new page, and also if it's possible to add at least one paragraph of text than just one line.
Do you have anything setup yet?
Here's what you'd need to do:
- Create a new multi-record section with fields for: title, description, and photo (set to create a thumbnail)
- Create a "list viewer" with the code generator that showed 25 results per page, with paging links at the bottom.
- Customize that list viewer page to only show a linked thumbnail
- Create a "detail viewer" with the code generator that showed an individual page
- Customize that "detail viewer" to include the prev/next code
There's a couple other ways to do it as well, but that's one way. Also keep in mind that what you want to do is a bit more advanced, it's using some custom code snippets from the forum, etc. So it might take a bit of practice and patience.
Let me know how it goes! Cheers.
Is this issue happening every time you try and upload an image? Could you try the following trouble shooting for me:
- The upload system uses Flash, try upgrading to the latest version of it.
- Try uploading to a none CMS Builder site, and see if you have the same problem.
- Try disabling any plugins you have running in Firefox/Safari one by one, and attempting an upload.
If these don't resolve the problem, if you could fill out this second level support request:
and post a link to this thread in the message of your support ticket, along with the FTP and CMS login credentials for the site, and we'll take a closer look into the issue.
PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com
Also, I wanted to add an issue like this was fixed in 2.16 (Aug 2012), so if you're running an older version of CMSB try upgrading.
From 2.16 changelog:
- Compatibility: Added workaround for Chrome browser bug when uploading "User Agent must be Flash, not..."
Let me know any questions.