How can I output php through CMSB

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 7, 2014   (RSS)

By JeffC - August 28, 2014

The code below is from an archived thread from Jason to use a drop down list to output code through CMSB. Essentially I would like to use this code to allow the user of CMSB to choose a template.

My drop down field is called style, my multi-record style section is called styles, and my path text field is called path.

I receive the following error: 'Notice: Undefined variable: record in [filename]'

<?php if($record['style']): ?>

<?php
//get the selected style record 
$query = "SELECT * FROM `{$TABLE_PREFIX}styles` WHERE num = '".intval($record['num'])."'";
$styleRecord = mysql_query_fetch_row_assoc($query);

//include style path

include($styleRecord['path']);
?>

<?php endif ?>

Any help would be appreciated!

Jeff

By Dave - August 29, 2014

Hi Jeff, 

Here's some simplified code: 

<?php
  if (@$record['style']) { 
    $styleRecord = mysql_get('styles', $record['num']); 
    if (@$styleRecord['path']) { include($styleRecord['path']); }
  }
?>

If you're getting an error that says "undefined variable 'record' " it means that $record is undefined, either when you're checking $record['style'] or $record['num'].  So PHP is assuming $record is an array and it's looking for the 'style' key of the array, but $record isn't defined, so it's giving you an error to let you know that.

I've added @ to suppress error message and added some code to check each variable has a value before we use it, but you might want to just add some debug code above to check if $record is set, such as <?php showme($record); ?>.  And if that gives an error, look higher up in the file to try and determine where and when $record is suppose to be getting set.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By JeffC - August 30, 2014

Thanks Dave. Please could you give me some further help. I have altered the code to the below, which has solved the "undefined variable 'record'" error. However I have now another problem. The code selects only the first record from the 'style' list despite which record is selected.

I am using the Instant Website plugin. The table name for each page is: cms_iw_pages however elsewhere in the code it is referred to as $page – so I am assuming the same should work here?

Within the iw_pages table there is a field called 'style'. This list draws from a related record called 'styles'. Within the 'styles' record there are three fields, num, title, and path. I was hoping that the user chooses a title from a drop down list and the mysql picks the relevant num of the record and outputs the .php file in the path associated with it.

<?php
  if ($page['style']) { 
    $stylesRecord = mysql_get('styles', $stylesRecord['num']); 
    if ($stylesRecord['path']) { include($stylesRecord['path']); }
  }
?>

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

By JeffC - September 7, 2014

Hi gregThomas

Thanks for helping me fix the problem