Notice: CMSB v2.63 Beta 1 (Aug 20th, 2014)

9 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 28, 2014   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Dave - August 20, 2014

Hi All, 

We've just released CMSB v2.63 Beta 1 (beta list members will get an email with a download link shortly).

This is mostly a maintenance release with the following changes and updates:

MINOR CHANGES
- Upload Settings: Upload dir and url now shows live path preview for relative paths
- Upload Settings: New admin section "Server Upload Settings" shows PHP settings to assist in identifying server issues

CODE CHANGES & BUG FIXES
- Images: Fixed issue where transparent backgrounds weren't being saved when creating thumbnails of larger images
- Uploads: 100x faster renaming when larger number of duplicate filenames. Eg: photo.jpg yeilds: photo.jpg, photo_001.jpg, photo_002.jpg, etc
- Uploads: Added link to check if flash is installed beside flash uploader option under admin menu
- Install: Improved internet connectivity checking for web hosting servers (detects when server firewalls would prevent access to 3rd party APIs)
- Install: Improved PHP version detection check code so it works on PHP 4.4 (displays message to upgrade to PHP v5.2.4+)
- Codebase: getAbsolutePath() now renamed as absPath() and can calculate filepaths even if they don't exist (unlike PHP's realpath function)
- Misc Code and other minor improvements

If you're not already on the beta tester email list and you'd like to help beta test (you must own at least 1 CMSB license) you can sign up here: http://www.interactivetools.com/news/manage.php

Please post any feedback, questions, or bugs you find! Thanks! 

Thanks! :) 

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Deborah - August 26, 2014

Hi. I gave the new beta a test drive and all looks great. I like the new 'live view' for the upload URL and directory.

Looking forward to the release!

~ Deborah

• Archived  

By Dave - August 26, 2014

Thanks Deborah! :) 

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Djulia - August 27, 2014 - edited: August 27, 2014

Hi dave,

I obtain errors on parse_url (http://):

PHP Warning:  parse_url (http://): Unable to parses URL in ..init.php one line 541

Already with the previous version (v2.62).

An idea?

Thanks!

Djulia

• Archived  

By Djulia - August 28, 2014

Hi Dave,

I have just noticed that the hours when the errors are recorded, correspond to some scripts (php) which are programmed (executed) on a cron server.

I also obtain this error with these files programmed :
[28-Aug-2014 12:15:04] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  path in ../common.php on line 666
[28-Aug-2014 12:15:04] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  path in ../common.php on line 669

The scripts does not use cron.php. They are programmed directly on the server.

Thanks again!

Djulia

• Archived  

By Dave - August 28, 2014

Thanks Djulia, That's a great find.

Can you try this code block instead?  I've re-arranged the code so none of it will run unless IS_CMS_ADMIN is set (which is set when admin.php is run directly, not by cron).

// adminUrl - update if url path has changed
  if (defined('IS_CMS_ADMIN')) {
    $hasAdminPathChanged = parse_url(thisPageUrl(), PHP_URL_PATH) != parse_url(@$SETTINGS['adminUrl'], PHP_URL_PATH);
    if ($hasAdminPathChanged) { // only update adminUrl when in the CMS admin
      $SETTINGS['adminUrl'] = @array_shift(explode('?', thisPageUrl()));  // added in 2.12 - this must be set when admin.php is being access directly so we get the right URL
      saveSettings();
    }
  }

Let me know how it goes.

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Djulia - August 28, 2014

Hi Dave,

Your adaptation seems to correct the first error.

But, I always obtain error on the common.php file.

[28-Aug-2014 21:15:04] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  path in ..common.php on line 666
[28-Aug-2014 21:15:04] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  path in ..common.php on line 669

An idea?

Thanks!

Djulia

• Archived  

By Dave - August 28, 2014

Thanks Djulia, 

I've emailed you some patches to try.  Let's discuss via email and I'll post back here when it's resolved. 

Thanks!

interactivetools.com