CMS Builder v2.62 Released (July15th, 2014)

20 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 21, 2014   (RSS)

• Archived  

By gkornbluth - July 30, 2014

Hi Dave,

Just thought you'd like to know

Un-checking Check Referer worked for me as well.

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php
  • Archived  

By Dave - July 30, 2014

Thanks Jerry, 

We've patched that for the next version so you won't need to uncheck it.  But feel free to do that for now and thank you very much for letting us know!

Cheers!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By rconring - August 11, 2014

Dave ...

Last week I purchased 2 licenses and downloaded Version 2.62.  I started 2 new sites as I usually do, same host, same code, PHP version, same everything.  I can usually have a prototype up and running in about an hour.  Not so with this version.  There are a couple of issues that I cannot resolve.

First, the flash uploader does not work with Firefox, any version (works fine with version 2.61) so I have to believe that it is something in 2.62.  (I did uncheck the referrer thing)  One of these sites was sold because he has so many product images to batch upload so the flash uploader was a selling point.  I can't find a solution to this on the forum.  Works OK using Chrome, but that is not thier preferred browser, nor mine.

Secondly, I have NEVER gotten the relative custom uploads paths to work.  If I enter a relative path it does not create the directories, but works if I manually create the proper directories.  This is a huge problem for me since I have created a basic starter system and I need relative paths in the schema ini files.  I have been having to do a search and replace on the schema file in order to get them to work on a different server.  I have set them 9 ways to Sunday and nothing seems to work.  Am I missing something?  Again, I can find the same problem on the forum, but no solution.

Heeeelp!  I promised this fellow a working prototype today and I have egg on my face! LOL

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987
  • Archived  

By Damon - August 11, 2014

Hi Ron,

Djulia found the Firefox flash uploader issue can be resolved by unchecking the "Check Referrer" option in the Admin:

Check Referer [ ] Warn on external referers/links and require internal referer to submit data to CMS.

Dave already has a fix for this in the next release.

For the relative custom uploads path, can I take a look?

Send in a Support Request with the details here:
https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php?priority=free

Thanks!

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/
  • Archived  

By Dave - August 14, 2014

Hi Ron,

I wanted to add that we have much improved relative filepath support for upload folders in the next upcoming release.  So we can make that available to you as a beta sooner if you like.

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By rconring - August 14, 2014

Oh yes!  I would surely like to give it a try.  That would make a huge improvement on moving sites and installing predefined data and schema.

How do I go about getting it.

Ron Conring
  • Archived  

By Dave - August 15, 2014

Hi Ron, I'll work on getting the beta released in the next few days.  Feel free to email me direct at dave@interactivetools.com to check in.  Thanks!

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By rconring - August 15, 2014

That's fine, Dave ... I know how busy you people are.  As long as I know it's in the works!

Thanks for your attention to this ... It will make a bunch of us happy.

Ron Conring
  • Archived  

By Dave - August 20, 2014

Hi All, 

Just a heads up that we've released a beta of 2.63 here:
http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?Notice-CMSB-v2.63-Beta-1-Aug-20th-2014-79675

Thanks!

interactivetools.com