Permalinks page works but does not load images

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 28, 2014   (RSS)

By andybarn - July 27, 2014

Hi

I have a strange problem that I have been battling with for hours and wondered if you could help.

On my development server I have a property site that is in development.

I have the listings.php and the listingDetail.php pages working OK but the problem I have is with the listingDetail.php page

If you go to http://37.220.93.134/~javeahom/property/listingDetail.php?num=1 you will see the page loads with the images and works well.

However if I go to the permalink version of this page, http://37.220.93.134/~javeahom/villa-for-sale-in-javea-7-beds-ab1234/ you will see everything loads OK except the images.

Obviously everything is OK with respect to the page as it loads fine using the ?num=1 at the end and everything loads OK using the permalink except the images so we know the permalink is directing to the correct page.

This is driving me mad and very frustrating as I can not see for the life of me why it does not work correctly using the permalink (however I am no php expert so it could be something very basic.)

Please could you take a look to see if you could spot what is causing the problem.

Thanks

Andy

By Steve99 - July 28, 2014

Hi Andy,

I took a look at the links and think it is probably just a javascript include issue. The comments below are assuming you are utilizing the PREFIX_URL set as "/~javeahom" within the General Settings area.

Beneath your "JS Page Level" html comment, it looks like you need to change this:

<script src="sliderengine/jquery.js"></script>
    <script src="sliderengine/amazingslider.js"></script>
    <script src="sliderengine/initslider-1.js"></script>

To this:

<script src="<?php echo PREFIX_URL; ?>/property/sliderengine/jquery.js"></script>
    <script src="<?php echo PREFIX_URL; ?>/property/sliderengine/amazingslider.js"></script>
    <script src="<?php echo PREFIX_URL; ?>/property/sliderengine/initslider-1.js"></script>

That should fix the issue you are experiencing.

If you are NOT using the PREFIX_URL setting, you'll have to set those up as such:

<script src="/~javeahom/property/sliderengine/jquery.js"></script>
    <script src="/~javeahom/property/sliderengine/amazingslider.js"></script>
    <script src="/~javeahom/property/sliderengine/initslider-1.js"></script>

Let me know how it goes. Hope this helps.

Steve

By andybarn - July 28, 2014

Thanks Steve!

You are a star, I changed to

<script src="/~javeahom/property/sliderengine/jquery.js"></script>
    <script src="/~javeahom/property/sliderengine/amazingslider.js"></script>
    <script src="/~javeahom/property/sliderengine/initslider-1.js"></script>

and it now works perfectly!

Thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards

Andy