How do I automatically fill in a record field with the users name?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 15, 2014   (RSS)

By claire - July 15, 2014

Hi Willy

Are you using the Website Membership plugin? This is very easy if you've got that running. Basically, on every page load, you have access to an array called $CURRENT_USER, which has just about everything you need.

When a user is creating a blog, you can auto-fill createdByUserNum and author_id with what you need from $CURRENT_USER when the form is submitted.

I suspect this will solve your other problem with the filter too. Let me know what you think.

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By willydoit - July 15, 2014

Hi Claire, 

thanks for all the time you are putting in on this, it is appreciated. I dont think we have membersship plugin as such as we did have a number of elements on this site written specially for us by yourselves which provides similar functionality so it may be based on the membership plugin or be a precursor to it.

A number of years ago you created a user signup facility which would allow users to sign up for different products which would create them an account inthe appropriate tables.

I am not sure what info you would need to determine what was set up for us but I will set up an ftp account for you and email you the details to support@ in the next 30 minutes, it's 22:30 here but I need to get this sorted asap so will try to sort everything via my ipad. Hopefully that will give you access to all you need to see what we have in place.

Thanks again.