Prefix URL

6 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 29, 2014   (RSS)

By Toledoh - June 26, 2014

Hi All,

How do I use :<?php echo PREFIX_URL ?> inside <?php require_once("foldername/filename.php"); ?>

ie: <?php require_once("PREFIX_URL/foldername/filename.php"); ?>

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By claire - June 27, 2014

Hi Tim, try this:

<?php require_once(PREFIX_URL . "/foldername/filename.php"); ?>

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Steve99 - June 27, 2014

Hey Tim,

<?php require_once(PREFIX_URL."/foldername/filename.php"); ?> would be how it's used, however I believe that will give you a stream error if used within a file in your /dev/ folder because prefix url must start with / however it should be fine in a subfolder of /dev/ like /dev/subfolder/. This is assuming it's a situation similar to having a live site in the web root and developing a new one in a subfolder called /dev/ (ex. livesitedomain.com, livesitedomain.com/developmentFolder/, livesitedomain.com/developmentFolder/subfolder/)

For includes in files within /developmentFolder/, you could perform an ltrim on the PREFIX_URL to remove leading slash and set that variable.

<?php

$prefixDevFolder = ltrim(PREFIX_URL, '/');

require_once($prefixDevFolder."/foldername/filename.php"); 

?>

Give that a try. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Steve

By Toledoh - June 27, 2014

Thanks Guys,

I'm still getting errors:

Warning: require_once(~murray/agelock/agelock.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/murray/public_html/assets/includes/_header.php on line 5 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '~murray/agelock/agelock.php' (include_path='/home/murray/public_html/cmsAdmin:/home/murray/public_html/cmsAdmin/3rdParty:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/murray/public_html/assets/includes/_header.php on line 5

It's working in most cases to have: <?php require_once("agelock/agelock.php"); ?> as most files for the site are in the root folder (currently staging at ~murray) and the relative link works fine.

However, The shopping cart for the site is in the folder ~murray/shop, so the relative link doesn't work.

I was hoping to use the prefix URL to fix that, so the resulting code would always be /~murray/agelock/agelock.php

It seems though, that it doesn't like the /~murray/ in the include - as I'm sure the URL is correct.

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Toledoh - June 29, 2014

<?php require_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/agelock/agelock.php"); ?> works fine - thanks Dave!

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)