Field type referring to all values of another section

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 16, 2014   (RSS)

By maister - June 2, 2014

Is there a way to solve following in the section editor of CMSB?

Suppose that I have 2 sections (tables): "products" (= multi record menu-type) and "orders" (= also multi record menu-type).
I want to add a field type in the "orders" section that does following: it lists the names of the "products" and besides I can enter a value (in a textfield for example).

In that case, if an admin "creates" an new order in CMSB (s)he gets a overview of all the products an can enter manually a comment besides every product.

I didn't find a corresponding topic about this. If there's one: sorry for the duplicated topic.
Thanks for all feedback!
Regards

(to be clear: this case is not specifiek for a (web)shop, but it was the easiest way to explain it)

By claire - June 13, 2014

Hi Kristof

Sorry for the late reply. Can I just confirm - you're talking about two separate fields here? It's not possible to create just one that lists the names and also allows you to record a comment.

If you mean two fields, I can explain how that works.

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By maister - June 14, 2014

Hi Claire,

I mean a FieldType that permits me to choose a product that was created in another section (for example, by a list that displays me al the options) and therby I can add a comment (in a textfield for example).
There are maybe some different workaround or another solution that does what I want ... so shoot.

Regards.