Real time syncing of 5 sites

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 16, 2014   (RSS)

By Mel - May 16, 2014

I exploring the options of having 5 websites all with PAID licenses for each site possibly on different servers

What I want to be able to do is use one domain as the master site and update the other 4 sites in Real Time from the data in the master site

Is there a way to do this this without having to do a backup from the master site and restore to the slave sites?

Jason did cover a similar question a while back - see his reply to the original posting below and whilst it would work it is not the most practical - Is there a way that this can been done in real time if needs be using some third party software?

----------------------------------------

One work around would be to put one installation of CMS Builder on each of your domains. You can then "sync" the databases of your installations by using our backup/restore options. So, for example, you can backup your database on site A, upload that backup file to site B and then use restore inside the CMS on site B. In that way, both installations would have exactly the same data.

-----------------------------------------

Thanks Mel

By gregThomas - May 16, 2014

Hi Mel,

I'd recommend you have a look at this thread, me and Chris covered a couple of ways you could achieve this functionality:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2233319#post2233319

These methods would allow you to update the CMS of one site, and then display the data in real time into the other 4 sites, the only issue being that the data wouldn't be saved in the other 4 CMS sections. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com