Re: gzencode() stream error UPDATE

8 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 13, 2014   (RSS)

By Steve99 - February 20, 2014

In response to: [url "http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2231403#post2231403"]gzencode() stream error UPDATE[/url], ...

I've continued experiencing this exact issue with the gzencode stream error for when the WYSIWYG disappears and the tinymce cache file won't generate when running php 5.4.14

To resolve, I roll back the php version to 5.3 - access cmsb so the wysiwyg cache generates - then roll back up to 5.4.14 and it continues to work.

In the archived post there was a request to put in a 2nd level support ticket which at the time I didn't follow through with since I established a work around. I'd like to revisit this as the rollback method won't always be an option.

Thanks again,
Steve

By Dave - February 20, 2014

Hi Steve, 

What version of CMSB are you running?

I've attached the latest version of /cmsAdmin/3rdParty/tiny_mce/tiny_mce_gzip.php from our next release.  It has some fixes to address servers that double encoded content.

Can you give that a try and let me know if it works for you?

If it doesn't, feel free to send CMS/FTP login details and steps to reproduce the issue to dave@interactivetools.com and I can take a look for you.  Note: Don't post login details to the forum.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
Attachments:

tiny_mce_gzip.php 14K

By Steve99 - February 21, 2014

Hi Dave,

These ones are 2.53 build 1040 installations.

We just downloaded a version of 2.61 build 1058 for a new project so I'll see how it goes and let you know. I compared the tiny_mce_gzip.php file in that download package to the attached one in WinMerge and they are slightly different. Is the one you attached from the dev 2.62 version then?

Thanks!

Steve

Attachments:

tiny_mce_gzip_001.php 14K

By Dave - February 21, 2014

Hi Steve,

Yea, I attached the latest one (that hasn't been released yet).  What's new is that it turned off any default compression the server is already doing so the output doesn't get double compressed.  I'm not sure if that will resolve your problem but let me know if it doesn't and I can take a look.

Cheers!

interactivetools.com

By Dave - March 11, 2014

Hi Steve,

The 0kb file is odd, I'd check for disk full or permissions errors.

Feel free to send CMS/FTP login details and steps to reproduce the issue to dave@interactivetools.com and I can take a look for you.  Note: Don't post login details to the forum.

Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Steve99 - March 12, 2014

Hi Dave,

Yeah, I'm not seeing any disk full or permissions errors. I'll send you the info to check out.

Thanks!

Steve

By Dave - March 13, 2014

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for the email with the detailed bug report.  

The version of PHP on the server seems to have a broken implementation of gzencode().  I've created a simple example script to demonstrate that and attached it.  

Can you send that to your host and ask them to fix it and let me know what they say?  I've done some research and I think this issue may be specific to just a few hosts, the "stream error" with gzencode error is rare (some WordPress users have reported it).  Let me know what the host says.

Also, I've also patched your tiny_mce_gzip.php so that compression is hardcoded to be off (I added the code in red): 

self::$defaultSettings['compress'] = array_key_exists('compress', $_GET) ? $_GET['compress'] : true;
self::$defaultSettings['compress'] = false;

Can you let me know what your host says?  Thanks.

PS: Anyone else having this "stream error" issue, try the test script attached and let me know what it says.  Thanks!

interactivetools.com
Attachments:

gzencode_test.php 1K