copying image from one table to another

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 7, 2014   (RSS)

By gregThomas - March 6, 2014

Hi markr,

I can give you some code to copy the images to the new section, but I just wanted to check are you still using the records from the original section as well? I'm trying to work out if we just need to point the uploads at the new section, or duplicate the them and the images.

Thanks!

Greg 

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By markr - March 6, 2014

Yes, I need the old record in table_1 and the duplicate record in table_2 to have the same image.

By gregThomas - March 7, 2014

Hi Markr,

Thanks for clarifying.

You'll need to use the saveUploadFromFilepath function, this will create a upload record for an item based on file stored on the server:

//Get the record I'm going to copy
  $oldRecord = mysql_get('old_section', '1');

//Select the uploads from the old section that belong to that record from the uploads table
  $oldUploads = mysql_select('uploads', array('recordNum' => $oldRecord['num'], 'tableName' => 'old_section' ));

//prepare the record to be added to the section by removing the num value and tablename from the array
  unset($oldRecord['_tableName']);
  unset($oldRecord['num']);

//Insert the record into the new table, the new record number is returned
  $newRecNum = mysql_insert('new_section', $oldRecord);

//Cycle through the old records uploads
  foreach($oldUploads as $upload){

//Create the file path to the original upload from the CMS SETTINGS array and the uploads file name for each image
    $filePath = $SETTINGS['installPath'].'/'.$SETTINGS['uploadDir'].$upload['filePath'];

//Use the the CMS save from file path function to copy the image an create a new upload record for it.
    //Variables in order: section name, field name, record num, temp ID (not required here), and file path
    saveUploadFromFilepath('new_section', 'upload', $newRecNum, '', $filePath); 
  }

Hopefully the notes above explain what's happening at each step. All of the functions used above are built into CMS Builder. 

Just to clarify; I'd named the upload field for the section 'upload' in both my sections, and I'm copying a record from old_section to new_section. 

Let me know if you need any help implementing this code.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com