Alert Record Saved - does this plug in still works?

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: March 4, 2014   (RSS)

By Jesus - March 4, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to use this plugin but I'm receiving this popup message while trying to save any record:

Warning: require_once(/homez.162/sudimedi/WebSites/___print_r.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mypath/public_html/cms/plugins/AlertRecordSaved/alert-record-saved.mel.php on line 8

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/homez.162/sudimedi/WebSites/___print_r.php' (include_path='/home/mypath/public_html/cms:/home/sodiomx/public_html/cms/3rdParty:.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/mypath/public_html/cms/plugins/AlertRecordSaved/alert-record-saved.mel.php on line 8

Any ideas? Thanks for pointing me to the right direction with this one.

Thanks in advance,

Jesus

By gregThomas - March 4, 2014

Hi Jesus, 

As this plugin is a user submitted plugin, we wouldn't normally provide support for it.

But I took a quick look at the code, and I think I found the issue.  If you open the file /cmsAdmin/plugins/AlertRecordSaved/alert-record-saved.mel.php on line 8 you should see the following:

require_once "/homez.162/sudimedi/WebSites/___print_r.php";

If you removed this, the plugin should work better. 

There are a few other issues I noticed with this plugin, for example, it always tries to send a title field, even when the section doesn't have one. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gregThomas - March 4, 2014

Hi Jesus, 

Unfortunately I don't think we have a similar in house plugin, but it would only take a bit of modification to get the current Alert Record Saved plugin working correctly and using some of CMS Builders more modern features. 

If you send an e-mail to consulting@interactivetools.com, we can give you an estimate on the cost of updating the plugin.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com