newsletterBuilder multilanguage system messages

By ht1080z - December 17, 2013

Dear iTools Team,

We build almost every time multilingual websites with cmsb and whenever we use membership and/or newsletterBuilder i need to add to the standard code (default created with code generator) an additional error checking section, so i get error messages not only from the plugin but for the languages we use as secondary or for more.

Feature request: Can you modify the base membership and newsletterBuilder plugins (that currently handle the error or success messages in different functions) and create table for all the messages?
In this way will be easier to make these multilingual.

Question: Can i copy(cut) and paste the nlb_frontend_dispatcher3 function to my manage.php page and handle this way the subscriptions and the messages for the newsletterBuilder?

Please advise,
Karls

By ross - December 20, 2013

Hi Karls

Thanks for the email!

Could you email me your FTP details and login to CMS Builder via consulting@interactivetools.com?  I'll need to do some digging around in your system to see what you have setup and figure out the best way to get the multi language support you need.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By ross - December 23, 2013

Hi Karls

Great! The code looks good to me. Keep in mind that we don't support custom code like this so it will be tricky for us to troubleshoot anything down the road. It seems like you have a fairly good handle on it though so I think you are going to be fine.

One time I can offer for custom changes to your plugin. Newsletter Builder should have a readme.txt in its main folder. My suggestion is to make a copy of that file calling it "readmeCustom.txt". In the custom file, document the changes you made so when you upgrade, you can refer back to this and make the changes again.  Re-naming it means you won't override it when you upgrade :).

Keep us up to date with how you are making out.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/