Inserting info to database

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 18, 2013   (RSS)

By rconring - November 16, 2013 - edited: November 16, 2013

Unless you need to store the results in your CMS Builder database tables, I would recommend Machform, a self hosted solution for creating forms for data collection.  It works nicely with CMS Builder.  I have been using it on all my CMS Builder sites for a couple of years for any number of applications and data collection purposes.  http://www.appnitro.com/

I purchased an unlimited license so I can install it on any of my sites.  Just design the form, generate the code, paste it on the desired page.  It is as simple as that.

Otherwise, you will need to create a form and hand craft the PHP/MySQL update code for the public page.

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By Dave - November 18, 2013

Hi Rui,

Ron's right that you do need to write the custom PHP/MySQL code if you want to build a form that inserts data back into the database.

If you want to give that a try I've attached a very simple "add form" to get you started.  Note that for anything advanced beyond what CMSB does automatically it's all just PHP and MySQL, so there's lots of tutorials on the web for adding data into databases, etc.  And we'll give you a hand when we can as well.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
Attachments:

addform_013.php 3K