Inserting Emoticons or Icons using WYSIWYG Editor (TinyMCE)

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 24, 2013   (RSS)

By yusuketaga - September 19, 2013

I am looking for a way to insert Emoticons or Icons just like the uploaded image (pics.jpg) in WYSIWYG Editor (TinyMCE).
Please help! 

Attachments:

pics.jpg 175K

By Daryl - September 20, 2013

Hi yusuketaga,

You can insert emoticons in the WYSIWYG editor by loading the TinyMCE's emotion plugin.

Here's the steps on how to do it:

1. Create a copy of \cmsAdmin\lib\wysiwyg.php and renamed it as wysiwyg_custom.php
  2. Open wysiwyg_custom.php and add "emotions" in the plugin load functions. There are two functions for loading the plugins so make sure you add it twice. Look for:

// Load Plugins: ***NOTE*** plugins must be added both loadWysiwygJavascript() and initWysiwyg() (twice in this page, search for "plugins:")
    'plugins' => 'inlinepopups,contextmenu,table,fullscreen,paste,media,spellchecker,emotions',

3. Then add the emotions button in the WYSIWYG toolbar. Example:

// Define buttons: Button codes: http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/Buttons/controls
    theme_advanced_buttons1 : "formatselect,fontsizeselect,bold,italic,underline,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,|,sub,sup,charmap,|,removeformat,fullscreen",
    theme_advanced_buttons2 : "forecolor,backcolor,|,link,unlink,anchor,|,blockquote,hr,image,media,table,visualaid,|,pastetext,pasteword,|,code,|,spellchecker|,emotions",

Let me know if that works for you.

Cheers!

Daryl

Daryl Maximo
PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By yusuketaga - September 22, 2013

Hi DMaximo,

Thank you for your reply.

I followed the steps you provided but no luck.
I see no emoticon button next to the spellchecker.
I cleared tinyMCE cache inside the data folder, and of course cleared my browser cache.

Do you have any idea?

By yusuketaga - September 23, 2013

Hi DMaximo,

Thanks! but I am not receiving any errors.

By Daryl - September 24, 2013

Hi yuseketaga,

Would you mind if I take a closer look by submitting a second level support request?

You can find the form here: https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Thanks,

Daryl

Daryl Maximo
PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By yusuketaga - September 24, 2013

Hi Daryl,

Thanks!

I'll do so.