magic_quotes_gpc

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 20, 2013   (RSS)

By ht1080z - September 13, 2013

Hello,

I getting PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'magic_quotes_gpc' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0 in my php_errorlog, using CMSB 2.53 & PHP version 5.3.27.

Please advise,
Karls

By ht1080z - September 18, 2013

Hello Jason,

Not in the browser but only in the php error log in every page opening without a specific page name logging.

Karls

By Jason - September 19, 2013

Hi Karls,

This shouldn't be an issue, since it doesn't seem to be interfering with anything.  If the errors log don't specify where this issue is happening, finding the source would be difficult.  I would suggest contacting your hosting provider to see if they can provide any additional information on this.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or need anything else.

Thanks,

---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By jenolan - September 19, 2013

In a temp file like test.php put;

<?php
phpinfo();

Then run it, it will tell you which php.ini file is being used and should also have something like 'magic_quotes_gpc  ON' (or TRUE), if the php.ini is somewhere in your account go there and edit it, find 'magic_quotes_gpc' and change it to 'magic_quotes_gpc = Off;' you may need to restart apache for it to take effect.

If the php.ini is outside your control most hosting setups allow you to override the php.ini the method if different depending on the comtrol panel / hosting company but normally they will have something in thier FAQ's about changing settings ... but you can always just raise a ticket with your hosting company and say something like;

Would you please disable magic_quotes_gpc for my site it is causing me issues with software that I am running that expects the setting to be 'OFF'

---
<?= "Jenolan(Larry) :: Coding Since 1973" ?>
Peace and Long Life

By ht1080z - September 20, 2013

Hello Larry,

Thank you for your interest on this.

In the phpinfo() i get: (first local, second master value)

magic_quotes_gpc  On  On
magic_quotes_runtime  Off  Off
magic_quotes_sybase  Off  Off

i put php.ini with magic_quotes_gpc = Off; i my working directory and the error is gone from my php error log.

Jason,
everything now is ok.

Thank you again,
Karls