Thumbnails not showing up in CMS if PREFIX_URL is set

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 17, 2013   (RSS)

By gregThomas - August 14, 2013

Hi Jim,

I've done some local testing and you're correct, the upload path doesn't take into account the prefix URL. I've raised the issue with one of our senior developers to see if this is a bug or there is a reason the system is set up this way. I was still able to get my images to display correctly on both my main site and CMS Builder install, I think your settings need to be as follows:

Website Prefix URL (optional): /~client

Upload Directory: uploads/

Upload Folder URL: /~client/cmsAdmin/uploads/

These settings assume your uploads folder is in the default location (ie: /cmsAdmin/uploads).

I'll get back to you once we've resolved the bug. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By MisterJim - August 14, 2013 - edited: August 14, 2013

Thanks Greg. I thought there was something wrong. Actually, I always keep my upload folder OUT of the cmsAdmin directory. I'll make the changes you suggest adjusted for my own settings and see if it helps. I think I already tried those settings you suggest, but I'll try again. Maybe I missed something.

Jim

[Note: -- I forgot that I had created a little JavaScript that was massaging my website image URLs. I removed it and made the changes you suggested. Looks like it's working fine now. Thanks for your help.]

WebCamp One, LLC

Websites That Work

By gregThomas - August 15, 2013

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. 

One of our senior developers has gotten back to me, and the uploads URL not including the URL prefix is by design, so that you can host uploads outside of the prefixed directory if you require. We hope to expand on these settings in future releases and will make it clearer that the prefix is not added to the uploads URL.

Cheers!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By MisterJim - August 17, 2013

Thanks for the follow-up, Greg. That explanation makes sense. All seems to be working pretty well now.

Jim

WebCamp One, LLC

Websites That Work