Filter by specific date, month and day and exclude min and seconds on List Page

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 4, 2013   (RSS)

By nmsinc - August 3, 2013

I have the following URL that works great to find and post date strings with exact year, day, month, min and seconds, however, I need the URL to  find and post dates that meet the exact YDM format only and exclude the min and seconds - anyone?

<h3><a href="calendar-schedule.php?date=<?php echo $record['date'] ?>">List/Print Today's Schedule</h3></a>

Thanks - nmsinc

nmsinc

By nmsinc - August 4, 2013

Thanks Jerry - Your last post on dates helped and I was able solve the issue in fine time. Thanks again!

nmsinc

nmsinc

Hi nmsinc,

Glad you got it to work.

Can we learn something from your final solution?

Jerry

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By nmsinc - August 4, 2013

Hi Jerry,

I coded a daily print schedule for Zick's calendar. The  Zick calendar stores date and time and I needed to list all reminders for a specific day discarding the time factor. Adding the month, day & year filter against 'date' field returned nothing due to the absence of the time factor of the field

I looked over your date code and suggestions and came up with an idea on how to solve this issue. I added another date field that saves only the month, year and day of the reminder. Now I can filter by the added field and everything works just great!

It may not be the way the pros at I.T. would have solved this issue, however it worked for me!

Thanks again for help on this issue Jerry - keep up the good work :)

nmsinc.

nmsinc