Uploads form help

11 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 2, 2013   (RSS)

By thenetgirl - July 29, 2013

http://montereyscambusters.com/storyform2_add.php  it wont  add my iframe not sure why.

THanks

Patricia

www.thenetgirl.com

By gregThomas - July 29, 2013

Hi,

When I go to the page I'm redirected to the login screen, so I can't see what the issue is. Would it be possible to give me a bit more information? Is the iframe HTML not displaying? Are you getting a 404 page inside of the iframe? Or is it another issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By thenetgirl - July 29, 2013

Sorry didnt think of that

error is No 'tablename' value specified in url!

//
$table = @$_REQUEST['stories'];
$field = @$_REQUEST['field'];
$recordNum = intval( @$_REQUEST['num'] );
$preSaveTempId = @$_REQUEST['preSaveTempId'];
$submittedForm = @$_REQUEST['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST' || @$_REQUEST['submitForm'];
$errorsAndAlerts = '';

// SECURITY WARNING: BE SURE TO ADD SECURITY CHECKS BELOW TO ENSURE USERS CAN'T
// ADD OR MODIFY UPLOADS FROM ANY RECORDS THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO.
$allowedTables = array('stories');
$allowedFields = array('uploads');

if ($recordNum) { // if a $recordNum was supplied, ensure that the user owns it before doing anything!
if (!@$CURRENT_USER) { die("You must login to modify a record!"); }
$record = mysql_query_fetch_row_assoc("SELECT * FROM {$TABLE_PREFIX}$table WHERE num = '$recordNum'");
if (!$record || $record['createdByUserNum'] != $CURRENT_USER['num']) { die("Invalid recordNum"); }
}

// error checking
if (!$table) { die("No 'tablename' value specified in url!"); }

Patricia

www.thenetgirl.com

By gregThomas - July 30, 2013

Thanks for the extra details. 

I think I can see what the problem is, you need to change the line highlighted in green in your iframe php file:

//
$table = @$_REQUEST['table'];
$field = @$_REQUEST['field'];
$recordNum = intval( @$_REQUEST['num'] );
$preSaveTempId = @$_REQUEST['preSaveTempId'];
$submittedForm = @$_REQUEST['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST' || @$_REQUEST['submitForm'];
$errorsAndAlerts = '';

So in uploadform2_add.php you're passing the tablename into the URL in the table URL like this: ?table=<?php echo $tableName ?>. So the iframe gets the tablename from the URL using the @$_REQUEST['table'] variable. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

By thenetgirl - July 30, 2013 - edited: July 30, 2013

YOU FREAKING RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

now I am scared to add some of the other stuff cuz I am afraid I will mess it  up-  And here we go !

ok now I am having NEW  issues - shouldn't it be as simple as adding these fields below?

I went back to check and  I wasn't posting everything into a record so started with the simple form  for news added only to 2 lines in red and boom nothing will display 

uploaded good form and bad form what am I doing that is so wrong???????

// error checking
if (!@$_REQUEST['title']) { $errorsAndAlerts .= "Please specify title!<br/>\n"; }
if (!@$_REQUEST['webaddress']) { $errorsAndAlerts .= "Please specify webaddress!<br/>\n"; }

// update record
if (!@$errorsAndAlerts) {
mysqlStrictMode(false); // disable Mysql strict errors for when a field isn't defined below (can be caused when fields are added later)
$query = "INSERT INTO `{$TABLE_PREFIX}$tableName` SET
createdDate = NOW(),
createdByUserNum = '" .intval( @$CURRENT_USER['num'] ). "',
updatedDate = NOW(),
updatedByUserNum = '" .intval( @$CURRENT_USER['num'] ). "',

title = '".mysql_escape( $_REQUEST['title'] )."'";
webaddress = '".mysql_escape( $_REQUEST['webaddress'] )."'";

Patricia

www.thenetgirl.com

By gregThomas - July 31, 2013

Hi,

From what you've posted your code looks fine, would it be possible to attach the good and bad form to a post so I can take a closer look at what is causing the problem?

Cheers

Greg

Greg Thomas

By thenetgirl - August 1, 2013

For some reason my post don't seem to go  on here sometimes ------must be me. Thanks again for your help Greg!

Anyway I got everything working and then I realized I cant  deal with pdf and image uploads in the same upload so tried to make a new  iframe page for just docs and pdfs.

getting a  little error not sure how to deal with it 

Notice: Undefined variable: record in /home/scambust/public_html/uploadForm3_iframe.php on line 166 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/scambust/public_html/uploadForm3_iframe.php on line 166

which is 

<?php foreach ($record['pdf'] as $index => $upload): ?>
<font size="2"> <a href="<?php echo $upload['urlPath'] ?>">Download <?php echo $upload['filename'] ?>
<?php echo htmlencode($upload['info1']) ?></font></a>

<?php echo $upload['filename'] ?>
<a href="#" onclick="eraseUploadNum('<?php echo $upload['num'] ?>');">remove</a><br/><br/>
<?php endforeach ?>

uploading the files just in case

Patricia

www.thenetgirl.com

By Daryl - August 2, 2013

Hi,

Greg and I think that the issue might be related on how the users are set up in your website membership plugin.

Would you mind if we take a closer look by submitting a second level support for us?

You can find the form here: https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Thanks,

Daryl

Daryl Maximo

By thenetgirl - August 2, 2013

ok sent

Patricia

www.thenetgirl.com