URGENT: New install on existing Database

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 11, 2013   (RSS)

By jjem - July 10, 2013

Hello,

Just upgraded to latest version of CMS Builder. I did a DB backup before doing it. Somehow, I used a new ftp software that did replace all the CMSAdmin folder instead of uploading the files into it.

Now when I try to login in, it goes to the installer, and doesn't find the backup file. What can I do?

Thanks for your help,

Jeremy

By rconring - July 10, 2013

Did you download the entire cmsAdmin folder before the upgrade as recommended?  Your SQL database should still be intact.  You need to restore the entire folder back to the previous version since it contains the schema files which define the table layouts. 

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By gregThomas - July 10, 2013 - edited: July 10, 2013

Hi Jeremy,

The first thing I would try is contacting your hosting company, they often provide a service were they will restore old versions of your site. I think this would be the easiest solution if it's possible.

If that isn't an option you could try and manually recreate the site. First I would carry out a fresh install of CMS Builder on your server using the same credentials as you used on your old site, but use a new table prefix. Once the system is installed navigate to cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php and look for the line tablePrefix, and change it back to the table prefix you had before.

'tablePrefix' => 'old_prefix_',

This should link up your CMS to previous tables and data. Next you will have to manually recreate your sections using the same field names as before. If you have access to PHPMyAdmin on your server it might be easier to find the field names and section names you used before. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By jjem - July 11, 2013

my hosting company had a backup of the files... learned the hard way! Thanks for your help anyway.

Jeremy