Membership plugin for Dating site

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 5, 2013   (RSS)

By esupport - July 2, 2013

Hi,

I am planing to build a match blind dating site.

- Can I use the membership plugin for the dating site?
- Can I custom as many fields as I need?
- Can I give different level permissions for members to access the specific fields or pages?
- The member can search each other?
- Is there member search feature? I can give a age of the range for searching.

Hope can get reply soon.

Thanks!

Jac

-Jax H.

By gregThomas - July 2, 2013

Hi Jac,

You can use the website membership plugin for a dating website, it would allow you to easily create a login system for your users to create accounts and then log in.

The website membership plugin can be set up to use its own table to store user data in, and you can add as many custom fields as you want. Once a user has logged in you can access the users data, as it is stored in an array called $CURRENT_USER on every PHP page that includes the viewer functions. 

I'd just like to clarify " different level permissions for members to access the specific fields or pages", would you be creating custom pages that users would have see different content depending on the user, or would the users be accessing CMS Builder?

As users are stored in a section in the CMS you can create your own search system to find users, you could use a search system similar to the one that you used here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2218993#post2218993

You would also be able to add search functionality for the age range of a user if this was stored in the user table.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gregThomas - July 2, 2013

Hi Jac,

You can use the website membership plugin for a dating website, it would allow you to easily create a login system for your users to create accounts and then log in.

The website membership plugin can be set up to use its own table to store user data in, and you can add as many custom fields as you want. Once a user has logged in you can access the users data, as it is stored in an array called $CURRENT_USER on every PHP page that includes the viewer functions. 

I'd just like to clarify " different level permissions for members to access the specific fields or pages", would you be creating custom pages that users would have see different content depending on the user, or would the users be accessing CMS Builder?

As users are stored in a section in the CMS you can create your own search system to find users, you could use a search system similar to the one that you used here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2218993#post2218993

You would also be able to add search functionality for the age range of a user if this was stored in the user table.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

By gregThomas - July 3, 2013

Hi Jac,

The website membership plugin could be used to do this, you would need to write some code on your search page that could let different users see different fields.

Once a user has logged in a variable is created by CMS Builder called $CURRENT_USER, this contains all of the users data from the users section, you could then use this to decide what is displayed, for example:

name: <?php echo $record['name']; ?>
<?php if(@$CURRENT_USER): ?>
  <?php if(in_array($CURRENT_USER['account_type'],array('gold', 'bronze'))) :?>
    Male/Female: <?php echo $record['sex']; ?>
    Description: <?php echo $record['description']; ?>
  <?php endif; ?>
<?php endif; ?>

So if a user was logged in they can see the age field as well as the name field, if they have a gold or bronze account type they can also see three other fields. This is just example code, and would have to recreate this for the fields you had created. 

Unfortunately we don't have a demo of the plugin, but it does come with a 90 day guarantee. So if you purchase it and it isn't what you need, you can get a full refund. 

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

By gkornbluth - July 5, 2013

Hi Jac,

I think CMS Builder with the membership plugin is a perfect solution for you.

My CMSB Cookbook http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com has a number of coding examples of how to use the membership plugin to get some pretty complex results.

It also comes with a full refund guarantee.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php