Subscription Memberships

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 18, 2013   (RSS)

By gversion - April 16, 2013

Hello,

I would like to develop a subscription membership website. Users need to be able to upgrade and downgrade their memberships and each membership will have the ability to create a certain maximum number of listings.

For example, Bronze membership can create 5 listings, Silver can create 10 listings and Gold can create an unlimited quantity of listings.

I was wondering if someone could tell me what hooks might be of use to get me going. Are there any existing plugins that I could use as a starting point?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you,

Greg

By gkornbluth - April 16, 2013

Hi Greg,

This sounds pretty straight forward to accomplish using the website membership plugin.

There's implementation documentation included and my CMSB Cookbook http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com has a number of specific recipes and user submitted examples that should get you started.

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By gversion - April 16, 2013

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your message. I have the website membership plugin so will see how I get on.

By the way, I just tried to buy your book and then PayPal couldn't take the payment. I will try again later!

Regards,

Greg

By gregThomas - April 16, 2013

Hi Greg,

Are you planning on creating a front end system to let users create articles, or where you planning on letting users access CMS Builder to create the articles with restrictions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gversion - April 18, 2013

Hi Greg,

I am going to be creating a front-end control panel so users won't have access to cmnsAdmin. I think this makes most sense as I am then able to fully customise the way it looks and can safely upgrade cmsAdmin with new releases rather than customising cmsAdmin functionality.

Regards,

Greg