adding language strings to language files

By ITI - March 16, 2013 - edited: March 17, 2013

Hi IA Team

In "Admin > General Settings", in section "Regional Settings"

Selecting the check box after "Developer Mode" for "Automatically add new language strings to language files" does not initially work as expected.

In order to get it to work for a plugin I'm currently writing, I found that you have to select a language other than "Default" from the drop down "Program Language" list.

To save others a little grief, you might want to add a note, something like what I have shown in red:

Developer Mode     [ ]     Automatically add new language strings to language files [ select a language other than "Default" from the drop down "Program Language" list ]

Also, it will not update the plugin language files if the "Program Language" selection is set back to "Default".

Consider adding a note or two in the "how_to_add_languages.txt" about this which would help to get it working quicker.

I think my suggestions would have saved me some time figuring it out.  A Nice feature but a little tricky to figure how to use it.

Just a suggestion.

Update:  A better solution might be to allow "Default" to select one of the users installed languages and error message if there aren't any installed.

Glen

http://www.CanadianDomainRegistry.ca

ITI Internetworking Technologies Inc.