New Plugin: Permalinks 1.00 Released (Feb 19)

13 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: March 12, 2013   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Dave - February 25, 2013

Tim & Djulia, I just wanted to let you know we're working on incorporating some of your suggestions and will have an update soon.  

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Dave - March 12, 2013

Hi Tim & Djulia,

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback.  We've got a version 1.01 we'll be releasing after CMSB 2.52 with the following updates:

NEW FEATURES
- Preview URL Support: Added support for web servers that use /~username/ preview urls
- Custom Querystrings: Added support for custom query strings in manual permalinks: ?like=this&or=that
- SEO Optimization: Latin accents are automatically removed from permalinks (same as "remove accents" viewer links plugin)
- Documentation: Added instructions to readme.txt on avoiding broken links with site-root relative links (starting with /)

CODE CHANGES & BUG FIXES
- Improved error reporting for when server paths or urls aren't set correctly
- Added "old" field to Permalinks DB to make it easier to identify which permalinks were old
- Misc Code and other minor improvements

Also: 

• Tim suggested we have a way to automatically create permalinks for an existing section, I've made a note to add that to a future release
  • And for a sitemap generator, I've added an 'old' field to exclude old permalinks, so just create a RSS feed with the code generator and then change the tablename to _permalinks and the fields to match and adjust the XML as needed.  Let me know if you need a hand with this.  If it's popular we can add a custom code generator for it to a future release.

Hope that helps, let me know any questions or feedback! Thanks.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com