openssl-devel.i386

xorg-x11-fonts-Type1

msttcorefonts

liberation-fonts

liberation-fonts-common

liberation-sans-fonts

liberation-mono-fonts

liberation-serif-fonts

The libraries are needed so that wkhtmltopdf (http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/) a shell utility used by the createPDF plugin can convert fonts correctly on webpages. 

Let me know if they have any other questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By squeazel - February 21, 2013

Greg, thank you. The host I was hoping to use is dreamhost, in a share server environment. I sent them the info you provided, and here was their response:

---

Looking at our server installation these are the packages I see as
installed.

ii  libxext6                            2:1.1.2-1
               X11 miscellaneous extension library
ii  fontconfig                            2.8.0-2.1
               generic font configuration library - support
binaries
ii  libcompress-zlib-perl                    2.024-1 
               Transitional dummy package for Compress::Zlib
ii  zlib1g                              
1:1.2.3.4.dfsg-3             compression library - runtime

Unfortunately these libraries are not installed:

openssl-devel.i386
xorg-x11-fonts-Type1
msttcorefonts
liberation-fonts
liberation-fonts-common
liberation-sans-fonts
liberation-mono-fonts
liberation-serif-fonts

This packages would need to be installed manually within your user
directory or you could upgrade to a VPS where you could install these
packages on your server itself.

---

Does this sound like something that would work (installing manually within user directory of shared server), or do you think I'll spend forever trying to get this to work and it never quite will...?  Also, how much of a server ninja would I need to be to install this stuff? I'm generally pretty capable, but this is new territory for me.

thanks!

Sure I can help you with this. Looking at our server installation these are the packages I see as installed. ii libxext6 2:1.1.2-1 X11 miscellaneous extension library ii fontconfig 2.8.0-2.1 generic font configuration library - support binaries ii libcompress-zlib-perl 2.024-1 Transitional dummy package for Compress::Zlib ii zlib1g 1:1.2.3.4.dfsg-3 compression library - runtime Unfortunately these libraries are not installed. openssl-devel.i386 xorg-x11-fonts-Type1 msttcorefonts liberation-fonts liberation-fonts-common liberation-sans-fonts liberation-mono-fonts liberation-serif-fonts This packages would need to be installed manually within your user directory or you could upgrade to a VPS where you could install these packages on your server itself.

By gregThomas - February 21, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

If you do decide to go with the VPS option the readme that comes with the plugin explains how to install all of the various libraries on any Linux based server were you have full admin rights. 

Cheers

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com