price matrix?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 14, 2013   (RSS)

By Joef5 - February 14, 2013

Looking for an idea on how to pull a price based on incremental width and length for window blinds

The data is presented as width across the top, length along the side, price at the intersection

xxx    24                     27                 34                  42 ...

24     1                         2                 3                    4

36      2                       3                 5                      7

48      4                       7                 9                     12

So if you wanted the result for 34 wide and 48 long it would return 9

The matrix is unique to each item being listed, so 25 products would 25 different matrix data,

though some, but not all would share the same numbers for the incremental width and length numbers.

Maybe as much a database question as it is a cms question as to how to do this.

Any ideas?

By Joef5 - February 14, 2013

Thanks Chris,

I'll look into your suggestion.  The xxx is just a place holder for the top left corner as it might be in a spreadsheet layout, but certainly won't be an issue so far as including it, as most likely I'll be the one entering the data.  My client will have access though.

Added to this mix is the need to convert measured dimensions, rounded up to the next increment as the blinds are cut down from the standard increments to fit customer measurements.  That part I've worked out, doing the coding now to test to see if

my idea works as intended.  The price matrix or price chart if you want to think of it that way, does seem a tricky one.

Certainly open to any additional thoughts on this one if anything comes to mind.  I give this one a try.