WYSIWYG Editor - Updated CMS B and now cannot copy/paste and retain the links...

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 12, 2013   (RSS)

By HDLLC - February 11, 2013

Funny how something so small is taken for granted...  lol...
I've been upgrading my installs of CMSB and ran into this issue that is going to cost me a ton of time, if I cannot solve it.

=^)

With the latest version of CMSB, the WYSIWYG editor:  We do a lot of text editing where we copy a link from the page and move them around, re-order things, and then save.  It happens a LOT.  So, with the latest update, I can no longer copy a linked sentence, word, phrase and then past it without losing the link completely.  Meaning I have to go back and manually re-link...  Doesn't sound like a lot, but when you do a few dozen per day, it adds up.  What can be done to do this?

I simply want to copy an already linked line of text in the editor, and paste it in the same window, just put it someplace else (change the order).

Am I missing something simple here...?  I'm actually getting a message when I try to left/right click (windoze) that my browser is not supported - BUT - I've tried on two flavors of Mac browser and at least two on windows - notta...

Thanks much for any help - this one is driving me nuts!

--Jeff

By Dave - February 11, 2013

Hi Jeff, 

There's a "Paste as Plaintext" button on the toolbar (a clipboard with a T on it).  It's selected by default, but if you click on it to deselect it you can paste links in.

And if you'd like it to be off by default you can edit /lib/wysiwyg.php (make a backup first) and remove this block of code (just search for "paste_text_sticky"):

paste_text_sticky: true, // if user clicks "paste as text" don't unselect it after they paste, wait for them to click it again
    setup: function(ed) {
      ed.onInit.add(function(ed) { // from: http://tinymce.moxiecode.net/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=73053#p73053
       ed.pasteAsPlainText = true;
       ed.controlManager.setActive("pastetext", true);
      });
    },

Hope that helps!  Let me know if that works for you.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com