Permalinks

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 4, 2013   (RSS)

By gversion - February 3, 2013

Hello,

I have created a section editor called "web_pages" and the detail page is "page.php".

I have created several records for different web pages I would like to display. For example an "About us" page, a "Contact us" page and a "Services" page.

I realise I can create individual PHP files for each record/web page and just set them to have a limit of 1 and then state where num=X

'limit'       => '1',
    'where'       => 'num=1',

However, I was wondering if it's possible to create URLs using the single file "page.php". So I could have the following URLS:

about.php is in fact page.php?num=1
contact.php is in fact page.php?num=2
services.php is in fact page.php?num=3

Is it possible to achieve this with cmsBuilder? With Wordpress this is the Permalinks function...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Greg

By gregThomas - February 4, 2013

Hi Greg,

This is possible, and should be fairly straight forward to do. You can use a getRecord function to get the record number from the URL and get the appropriate record.

// load record from 'blog'
  list($web_pages, $blogMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'web_pages',
    'where'       => whereRecordNumberInUrl(0),
    'loadUploads' => true,
    'allowSearch' => false,
    'limit'       => '1',
  ));
  $page= @$web_pages[0]; // get first record
  if (!$page) { dieWith404("Record not found!"); } // show error message if no record found

Let me know if you have any other questions on setting up this system. 

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gversion - February 4, 2013

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your response. I have inserted the code you provided into "page.php".

Can you give me an example of how I set up a link please?

I would like to display the content of the "About" record, which can be accessed at "/page.php?num=1" with the URL "/about.php".

I am not clear on how to change the filename from "page.php?num=1" to "about.php"? Do I need to use .htaccess to achieve this?

Thanks,

Greg

By gversion - February 4, 2013

Hi Greg,

Mnay thanks for your help. I am now up and running.

Regards,

Greg