Document Expired

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 11, 2013   (RSS)

By gversion - January 11, 2013

Hello,

If I perform an Advanced Search for some listings in the cmsBuilder Admin area and then click the "modify" link I am taken to the edit listing page. If I then click my web browser's back button I see a "Document Expired - This document is no longer available."

I understand that this is not an error with cmsBuilder and is just an issue with browsers but I was wondering if anything could be done to prevent the "Document Expired" message and instead take me back to the search results.

I have read in other forums that it might be possible to add something like the following to the header but I can't get this to work:

Cache-Control: max-age=600

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Greg

By gregThomas - January 11, 2013

Hi Greg, 

This is a feature built into most modern browsers to stop people accidently submitting forms more than once.

The best way around this problem is to use the cancel button on the article editting page instead of the back button, as this will not resubmit the search form.

I wound't recommend changing the CMS Builder header to include cache-control as you will have to edit a core CMS Builder file which could affect future upgrades. Also CMS Builder users might accidently make unintented changes while in the admin area. 

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com