Use existing create/edit/delete procedures

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 3, 2013   (RSS)

By gregThomas - January 3, 2013

Hi Ron,

Is the user already logged in to the back end for this to work, are you using the website Membership plugin plugin for this? Also, is there a particular reason your trying to get users to edit sections from the front end? 

Are you familiar with creating plugins? You could use the record_postsave hook to redirect the page after the changes have been made, and use the setPrefixedCookie and getPrefixedCookie to store the orignal URL and redirect value. This is something we could create for you if you require, if you send an e-mail to consulting@interactivetools.com, and we can give you an estimated cost.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By rconring - January 3, 2013

Thanks for your reply.  The answer to your first 3 questions is yes, yes and yes.  I am using CMSB to build the data framework for online business applications for some of the clients that I have done sites for.  I have, in the past, used AppGini from Bigprof Software since that is what is is designed to do but have used CMSB to build some fairly complex apps.  The rub is that I have no problem writing the code for some fairly complex and interactive data views but find it extremely tedious to write the update procedures with my limited knowledge of PHP and MySQL. 

For the most part the complexities lie in the views but the existing back end CRUD procedures usually suffice.  I discovered that I could create the links in the front end view to call the back end update so all I need now is the redirect back to the calling view.

No, I haven't delved into plugins yet, but I guess the time has come to tackle that.  If I get stumped (a relative certainty) I will get with consulting.  In the meantime, if someone out there has done this I would like to hear from you.

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987