Assort or organize category menu items

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 20, 2012   (RSS)

I am building our product pages.
All follow this Tutorial
http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?Sub-categories-Tutorial-70777

There are a lot of product on each categories now.

I have problem for displaying on the editor list page

There are 3 level categories.
1) How can I only display second or third level categories or its products?

2) Is there any possible to only display a category product?
For example:
Create a dropdown menu on Category editor list page. When choose a category name.
It only show its products.

3) On product detail editor display ListPage Fields. There is only one Category for choosing.
The category name is same as product name.
Is there any other way to assort or organize all products? (the attachment)

Above all might be same question.

Hope there is a simple solution.

Thanks!

-Jax H.
Hi,

I just want to clarify what you require before I give you a more detailed response on points one and three.

1) Where would you like to display the second or third level categories and its products? Is this for the list page in the products or categories section, would you like this to be a field that appears in the list that you can sort by?

3) So you want to be able to modify the titles that appear in the section list so that they do not include the category field?

I think I have a way you can carry out point two:

If you go to the section editors page, and click modify on the categories section.
Next select the search tab at the top of the page.
You should see a text area with the title search fields, if you add this code on a new line into it:
Only display items from category|breadcrumb|keyword
This will add a new search textbox with the title "Only display items from category" to your categories section. It will search the field breadcrumb, and return results with a the searched keyword.
Now when you go to the category section editor list page, click the advanced search link next to the search box, and you should see a new text field called "Only display items from category " If you enter the category you want to display, it will show all the related category items, and any related sub categories.

Thanks!
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com
Hi Jac,

1) Would the search box I suggested for point two be suitable for your requirements on this point as well? CMS Builder automatically decides if it will use a text box or dropdown menu depending how many items are stored in a section, and it looks as if you have a lot of entries in both sections, so a search textfield will be generated. But if you search for a category name, all it's subcategories will be returned as well.

3) If you want to make it clearer which category level you are selecting when editing a product, I would go to section Editors, and click the modify link for your product section then click the modify link on your category list. Then change the label that is used for the field from the title to the breadcrumb. Then click Save. This should give you a much clearer idea of which category you are selecting. I've attached an example screenshot to this post.

Thanks
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com
Attachments:

example_002.png 8K

example1.png 8K

Hi Gerg

Thanks a lot!

Jac

-Jax H.