Combination WHERE statement troubles

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 16, 2012   (RSS)

By gregThomas - December 13, 2012

Hi Sublmnl,

If your not getting an error back from MySQL, and North Carolina is returning correctly, then the most likely issue is that you don't have the same spelling or capitalization of South Carolina in the state field. You could try copying the South Carolina text from the state field and pasting it into your where statement to ensure it's the same. What field type is the financing_application_link, is it a checkbox field? Is it currently checked for North and South Carolina?

Thanks!

Greg
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By sublmnl - December 14, 2012

Thank you for your reply Greg.
I think you nailed it by asking me if the finance link was a checkbox.
(I actually tried the capitalization of the state names in the where statement already)

The financing_application_link is actually a text field.
And I only want to show the entries that have something in the text field.

I'm pretty sure I am borrowing code from another site I did where I only wanted to show something based on a checkbox selection.... so yeah makes sense.
But can you help show me how to do this when something is in the text field or not (not using the checkbox method)
?

Thank you

By gregThomas - December 14, 2012

This should be fairly easy to do. You can use the MySQL char_length function to retrieve any entries with a length greater that 0

list($southcarolinalocationsRecords, $locationsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'locations',
'allowSearch' => false,
'debugSql' => true,
'where' => "state = 'south carolina' AND CHAR_LENGTH(financing_application_link) > 0",
));
list($northcarolinalocationsRecords, $locationsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'locations',
'allowSearch' => false,
'where' => "state = 'north carolina'",
));

So the getRecords function for South Carolina will only be retrieved if financing_application_link has more than character in its field.

Thanks!

Greg
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By sublmnl - December 16, 2012

That works.
Thank you
I also wrapped each list grouping on the page with this <?php if ($southcarolinalocationsRecords): ?>
........ . .. . ..... . .. .
<?php endif ?>
because I had a Header to show for each state grouping.
WIthout it, the header would show even if I had no locations with finance links.

So with your help and some previous code I had for another site, this one is done!
Thanks Greg.