sorting records by field "Disabled Accounts"

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 13, 2012   (RSS)

By Codee - November 12, 2012

Hello, on the backend of CMSB and reviewing records listed under a section called Inventory...

in the Advanced tab there is an option to check for "Disabled Accounts Viewers: Hide records that are "Created By" a user who is: deleted, disabled, or expired"

I would like to be able to sort (and/or colorize record labels) by whether an account has been disabled or not.

One of my clients has a lot of accounts that have a medium churn rate. They don't want to lose the records on the backend, ever, but having the Inventory records for disabled accounts mixed in with active accounts is really becoming burdensome for their day-to-day administration. If they could sort the list of Inventory records by the "Disabled Account" field, it would really help them out.

Re: [equinox69] sorting records by field "Disabled Accounts"

By gregThomas - November 13, 2012

Hi,

You can use the field createdBy.disabled in the listPage textbox to display if the account has been disabled or not. But you won't be able sort by this field, and it will only display 0 or 1 as opposed to yes or no.

It would be fairly simple for us to create a custom plugin that would allow you to sort by a records account status as well as add a custom color. If you would be interested in us creating this for you send an e-mail to consulting@interactivetools.com with details of exactly what your looking for.

Thanks!
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

Re: [greg] sorting records by field "Disabled Accounts"

By Codee - November 13, 2012

Thanks Greg!

Actually, Greg, I just tested adding createdBy.disabled to the inventory list box and it ONLY gives 0's on the inventory records...doesn't reflect if the account holder has been disabled or not.

My initial test was as described above. I will test again and investigate thoroughly before sending in a 2nd level support request. Will let you know, thanks.