Please help and thanks
Patricia

www.thenetgirl.com
Attachments:

index_048.php 23K

Re: [thenetgirl] Property Search Results

By gregThomas - October 29, 2012

Hi,

Could you attach a copy of the latest version of RentalList.php? This will make it easier for me to spot the problem.

Thanks!

Greg
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

Re: [greg] Property Search Results

By thenetgirl - October 29, 2012

Here ya go!
Patricia

www.thenetgirl.com
Attachments:

rentallist.php 3K

No It doesn't work at all before it gave me all the rentals now it gives me none.

only thing I changed was that to true in the rentlist.
Patricia

www.thenetgirl.com

I had to take the $ out of the rent on input for it to work .....but now I am not happy that it will only show exact picks for like 4 bed 3.5 bath how can I make it work for anything say over 2 bedroom 2 bath make it show all properties in a price range in given city

I will also be adding pet friendly smoking allowed and pool ...how do I make show everything for those when they are checked
Patricia

www.thenetgirl.com

By gregThomas - October 30, 2012

I've done some more testing and I was able to get the form to return results if I removed the bath and bedroom search parameters from the search string. At the moment if you leave these two fields blank it tries to search for 'Select Bed' and 'Select Bath'. To stop it doing this you need to have the value for select Bed/Bath left empty.

<option value="">Select Bed</option>

I think your current code will already show properties within a given price range, as the minimum value has rent_min as the name, and the maximum value has rent_max.

If you wanted to return properties with more than X bedrooms or bathrooms you will need to change the select tags on line 313 and 298 so that instead of returning keywords they return values above the selected:

<select name="bath_min" class="dropdown" id="type" size="1" style="font-family: Verdana; color: #821789; font-size: 10pt" >

CMS builder stores checkbox values as either 1 or 0. So if you have a field called smoking then you would need an input that looks something like this:

<input name="smoking" value="1" type="checkbox" />

I'm assuming here that the smoking field is called smoking. When this is checked the results should only contain properties which have the smoking field selected.

Thanks
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By thenetgirl - October 30, 2012

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Had to do yes instead of 1 but it all works

pg
Patricia

www.thenetgirl.com